The Human Resource Information Systems Analyst (HRIS Analyst) provides project team members and end users with product and technical support by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, but other duties may be assigned as additional tasks are identified. This position is an integral part of the Vista implementation project team. Through the initial implementation this full-time job is critical to the success of the project. This individual is usually the liaison between the end-user and the technical group. Their command of HR and Payroll as well as their technical understanding of database and reporting tools is critical to the project team. The HRIS Analyst will also be a key member of the HRIS rollout project team.
* Works with individual departments to coordinate and maintain all PDS Vista updates. Ensures that all of the Vista environments contain the same updates and performs quality assurance. Maintains the white list of any unique Vista changes, and audits new releases for their possible impact (or elimination). * Coordinates scheduled updates to the Vista product using Vista Fresh with IT and updates to relevant user tables (taxes, etc.) when appropriate.
* Meets with project team members, to identify users that can access Vista and the data that they'll have access to. Communicates with the IT group to ensure that network and database accounts have been established. Utilizes the Vista Security application to set up users and authorizes their access into the system. Manages the maintenance of Vista security, as user usage changes. Creates and maintains a Vista security matrix by role.
* Ensures that any new Users receive the proper training on Vista. Communicates with project team members to help them understand how to use the Vista product properly. Ensures that the Vista user documentation and product videos are provided to each of the project team members, and that new updates are published. Maintains a log of users who have received training. Makes recommendations as to who may require additional training.
* Works with individual department subject matter experts to translate new policies and determines the impact on the Vista. Communicates with all team members the impact of new policies. Updates user documentation to include the necessary changes. Works with IT to incorporate these changes into Vista.
* Handles problems that arise in Vista and establishes an effective method of monitoring those problems and communicating resolutions to all project team members.
* Communicates with PDS Customer Support staff regarding system issues and follows-up to make sure fixes are received and tested. When necessary, coordinates the deployment of any updates with IT.
* Meets with project team members to identify the necessary reporting requirements. Coordinate with IT technical support to create or modify database views. Also determines any security constraints that should be considered. Communicates with the IT group as needed of necessary changes.
* Develops any ad-hoc reports that are requested that the user was unable to develop using Vista EasyAsk, Crystal Reports, and/or other reporting tools. Follows the standards that have been defined so that all reports are consistent. Registers any user reports into Vista using the Report Maintenance tool.
* Works with individual department subject matter experts to identify analytics that would be helpful to deploy to users and manages dashboards that are configured for user access. When appropriate develops new analytics and works with user to confirm expected results. Manages security of all analytics to insure that appropriate data is available to various departments. Also coordinated KPI (key performance indicators) that should be configured to capture data trends within Vista.
* Keep all project team members aware of issues and successes. Shares any helpful hints, or shortcuts that may make their job easier.
* Maintains the Vista System Administration portion of the system for the user departments. Coordinates appropriate configuration settings in the Vista Application options area. Identifies and helps coordinate necessary external interfaces with third parties using Vista External Interfaces.
* Works with user subject matter experts to improve efficiencies by identifying where Vista Workflow may automate functions and streamline operations. Assists in the final testing of any Vista workflow, prior to incorporating any into the basic system.
* Stays abreast of the PDS Vista product roadmap. Analyzes new releases for the impact and value. Plans and schedules levels of support according to product release schedules.
* Attends PDS User Group conferences to ensure that new system features are being utilized to their fullest extent. Also networks with other PDS clients to research other methods that are used to support the product.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Service skills are critical in this role. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Experience in SQL and database reporting tools is critical to this position. Experience and a good understanding of HCM systems is preferred, with PDS Vista a big plus.
* Experience working in the following systems; Vista, Vikus, and Execupay is preferred.
* Payroll, Human Resources and Benefits knowledge is required. PDS Vista knowledge is an invaluable plus.
* Adept at designing and implementing technology-enabled HRIS related Enterprise solutions.
* Experience in support role is a plus.
* Strong configuration and design skills.