Access Health Louisiana is a network of federally qualified health centers. We are seeking an HR Coordinator to join our rapidly growing organization. The HR Coordinator provides administrative support to the daily operations of the Human Resources department ensuring efficient recruitment processes and the accurate maintenance of employee records. Prepares forms and reports, processes and files confidential reports and documents, tracks deadlines, processes background checks and reference checks. Assists in conducting new hire orientation, as needed.
AHL offers an excellent benefits package including health insurance, 403b retirement plan, life and disability insurance at no cost, paid time off and paid holidays.
Associates Degree or higher in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration or related degree. Three years of equivalent HR work experience in lieu of degree.
One year of human resources experience required. Experience in healthcare human resources preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
2. Ability to work independently or in a group setting on a broad variety of projects.
3. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
4. Excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills. Bilingual skills are a plus.
5. High level of ethics in maintaining both corporate information and employee information confidentiality.
6. Forward thinking with a positive attitude and the ability to identify opportunities for improvement and handle detailed, precise record keeping.
7. Good listening skills, alert, analytic ability, problem solving ability, sound judgment, initiative, creativity, and patience.
Physical and Mental Requirements
1. Sedentary work- Stands, walks, sits and converses most of the day. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally. Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects less than 10 pounds frequently.
2. Operates office equipment such as telephone, computer, calculator, printer, fax, and scanner/copier.
3. Occasional travel to other locations as needed.
4. OSHA Category III: Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid.
I: Essential Duties/Responsibilities (Position): Recruitment and Staffing
1. Conducts initial interviews with potential candidates for employment. Submits applications/resumes to hiring managers.
2. Sets up interviews and appointments for pre-employment physicals and drug screens. Processes background checks and reference checks.
3. Assists in conducting new hire orientation as needed.
4. Maintains knowledge of current HR laws, rules and regulations.
5. Assists in coordinating 90 day and annual performance appraisal processes.
Website : http://www.stormontvail.org/
The second oldest hospital in Kansas, Stormont-Vail Regional Health Center is the product of a merger between Christ's Hospital (founded in 1884) and the Jane C. Stormont Hospital and Training School for Nurses (1894). It has grown from a four-story hospital to a 586-bed acute care referral center for northeast Kansas. In the last generation, the health center has continued to serve the community while keeping pace with rapid changes in the health care field. Today, Stormont-Vail provides services not only for hospitalized patients, but for the growing number of outpatients. These services range from the county's most specialized level of infant care to a variety of older adult services. Our Medical Imaging Services include computerized tomography, diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, and ultrasound. The health center is serviced by an in-house pharmacy 24-hours a day and offers extensive pathology and clinical laboratory services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Stormont-Vail provides programs and seminars on health-related topics for the community. Health Connections at Stormont-Vail, (785) 354-5225, provides a link to those programs as well as offers a health information library about general health care topics.