Thornburg Mortgage, Inc.
Thornburg Investment Management is a privately-owned global investment firm that offers a range of solutions for retail and institutional investors. We are driven by our mission to help our clients reach their long-term financial goals through fundamental research and active portfolio management. Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico, we manage approximately $49 billion (as of December 31, 2017) across eight equity and eleven bond mutual funds, separate accounts for high-net-worth investors and institutional accounts, and five UCITS funds for non-U.S. investors.
At Thornburg, we value integrity and believe in doing the right thing for our company and our clients. Our culture promotes teamwork, while providing opportunities for our employees to learn and grow in their professional careers.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION: The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing a full-range of support of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department. This position is ideal for an individual to gain valuable knowledge in the HR field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• General Assistance: Answers employee questions; assists employees in resolving benefits issues; answers phone and responds to emails regarding associate inquiries and concerns; processes incoming mail on a daily basis; manages allocation and payment of invoices
• Recruiting: Assists in the recruitment process by placing job ads, responding to applicants, scheduling interviews and meetings, conducting background screens
• New Employee Orientation: Prepares new hire intake packets; creates new hire files; processes
I-9s and other new hire records, assists with new hire orientations
• Human Resources Information Systems: Assists in maintaining HRIS database
• Employee Records: Audits and maintains personnel files; scans and files various documents on a daily basis; processes status changes; tracks performance reviews and other employment documents
• Special Projects: Assists the HR team in the implementation of special projects as needed
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or progress towards a Bachelor’s degree, preferred
• A minimum of 2 years experience in an office environment, preferred in Human Resources
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
• High level of organizational and customer service skills
• Self-motivated and independent.
• Personable, flexible, and able to work effectively with a variety of co-workers.
• Able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Able to resolve problems creatively.
Thornburg Investment Management is an EEO/AA employer.