Teacher: Resource Specialist (ESC 9042-9048)
Oxnard Elementary School District
Number Openings: (At time of posting)
Length of Work Year:
2018-2019 School Year
7/3/2018 4:00 PM Pacific
$47,791 - $101,635
6/26/2018 Application Deadline:
7/3/2018 4:00 PM Pacific Employment Type:
Full Time Length of Work Year:
2018-2019 School Year Salary:
$47,791 - $101,635 Number Openings: (At time of posting)
7 Contact: Tammie Allen Email: **** ****
Job Description / Essential Elements: Print
Provides an educational program for educationally handicapped pupils who are not mentally disabled but who are seriously academically disabled in relation to their ability and who exhibit behavorial, neurological, and/or emotional problems fo such severity that satisfactory progress cannot be expected in the regular classroom.
1. Serves as a member of the Eligibility and Planning Committee to determine pupil (a) qualification for teh Educationally Handicapped Program, (b) instructional setting, (c) goals and objectives and )d) progress toward individualized objectives.
2. Provides individualized and small group instruction and periodic assessments as specified by the pupil's Individualzed Educational Plans.
3. Provides appropriate physical and psychological environment to establish and reinforce acceptable pupil behavior, attitutudes, social skills and self-image.
4. Arranges with staff for integration of pupils into regular classes and the coordination of instruction in areas where pupils can meet success.
5. Participates in County and District in-service training in the area of Special Education, Educationally Handicapped.
6. Provides continual supervision on an on call basis for pupils asigned to his/her group as problem situations arise elsewhere in the school.
Valid and appropriate California Teaching Credential in compliance with the provisions of Title 5, Administrative Code 80002-80127 and Education Code 44000-55665.
Three (3) letters of recommendations
3. Possess the following personal qualities:
a. Ability to meet district standards for physical and mental health
b. Evidence of good moral character
c. Satisfactory recommendations from training supervisors or other professionals who have observed teh candidate's personal characteristics, scholastic achievement and job-related performance.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as teh district may find appropriate and acceptable.
Terms of Employment:
Salary, benefits and work year as provided by contract between the Board of Trustees and the designated exclusive bargaining unit.
The evaluation and assessment of performance of certificated personnel in this position will be conducted by the principal in accordance with the provisions of Education Code 44660-44665 and Oxnard School District Board Policy 5450.
Requirements for Applying
Requirements for Applying
APPLY (CURRENT EMPLOYEES ONLY) APPLY
Back To Search Results Page