Human Resource Specialist - Payroll
Falls Church, VA
The DHA is a joint, integrated Combat Support Agency that enables the Army, Navy, and Air Force medical services to provide a medically ready force and ready medical force to Combatant Commands in both peacetime and wartime. The DHA supports the delivery of integrated, affordable, and high quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries and is responsible for driving greater integration of clinical and business processes across the MHS.
The Human Resources Division (HRD) is organized into five Branches: Management Employee & Labor Relations, Policy and Performance Management, Human Resources Operations, Workforce Programming and Analysis, and the Public Health Service. The HRD is aligned under the Directorate of Resources and Management (J-1/8) and works closely with the Manpower and Organizational Design Division in managing the DHA's human capital.
We are seeking a highly motivated human resources specialist to join our team, which is focused on supporting employees and supervisors in multiple locations.
* Serves as a technical Payroll expert and provide data, reports, guidance, and resolutions to issues; and researches and identifies errors on timecards;
* Assist in providing technical advice and assistance in the area of civilian payroll and time and attendance IAW with OPM, DoD, and DHA Policy;
* Assist in developing Payroll and Timekeeping Standard Operating Procedures;
* Researches, resolves, and responds to verbal and written pay and leave inquiries from employees, supervisors, personnel staff, and finance staff, and management officials;
* Performs verifications of monthly accession and separation listings, and semi-annual reports of selected pay and deduction items;
* Audits employee's pay and leave balances;
* Processes actions to correct employee's master timecards in the Defense Civilian Pay System (DCPS); and conducted audit reports during payroll processing;
* Maintains and safeguards all requested payroll records and information;
* Handles and secures Personally Identifiable Information (PII);
* Manages payroll and timekeeping databases and personnel software to enter, revise, sort, and retrieve data/information and query vital reports for use by senior leadership/management;
* Accesses Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS) to extract and confirm employee data, and to track Official Personnel Folders (OPFs);
* Maintains time and attendance records for CPAC which involves input into Defense Civilian; Payroll System (DCPS) database;
* Keep timekeepers and supervisors of any changes to policies, laws, and regulations;
* Assists in completion of in-processing forms; explains pay rate, pay periods, within grade increases, annual and sick leave accrual;
* Reviews and processes corrections to time and attendance records on employees;
* Calculates and prepares required documents for pay adjustments to be processed in a timely manner;
* Reviews all personnel documents coded into the PAID system;
* Synchronizes and conducts all training of new Timekeepers and Approving Officials; and conducts payroll brief during entry of duty (EOD);
* Updates employee's master payroll records to reflect all changes authorized by personnel documents;
* Ensure timeliness, accuracy, quality control and follow-up procedures while verifying entries of data into DAI;
* Record, track, research and respond to written, walk-in visits and telephonic payroll/ time and attendance inquiries in an effective manner;
* Assist in, preparing recurring and as-required reports payroll and time and attendance reports.
* Enter and validate data in, DCPS, DAI and other HR automated databases and information technology applications either in use or projected for use;
* Assist in developing standard operating procedures in performance management processes; and
* Determines, recommends, and implements changes to processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Provide surge customer service report for Time & Attendance access
* Serves as Time and Attendance representative for DHA. Notifies to all HR Business Partners if a pay problem occurred and possible resolution, Processes Time and performed other HRIS duties assigned,
* Update Supervisory position hierarchy in DAI,
* Supports the Office of Employee Relations for the Voluntary Leave Transfer Program processing. Donated, Advanced Annual and Sick Leave and the injury and compensation program entering information on the Department of Labor System,
* Supports the office of HR Policy and Operations Division with Performa Management, reviewing, analyzing and validating the correspondent appraisals of assigned Directorates, Processing Time and Performance Awards into the DCPDS system,
* Submits the Source Data Automation which is the master files containing all the time and attendance information for a determined pay period to interface with the Defense Civilian Payroll System,
* Bachelor's degree in a liberal arts or business discipline or four years additional experience in lieu of a degree;
* Two years of experience in a professional office setting supporting mid-level to senior executives
* Familiarity with the basic rank structures of the U.S. Military Services and the broad outlines of military culture and ethics
* Familiarity with the basic structure of the U.S. Civil Service and the broad outlines of Federal Government operations, culture, and ethics
* Ability to work in a regulated team environment
* Ability to work under a Federal contract supporting a Department of Defense client, especially in the handling of sensitive but unclassified client information as demonstrated by an existing Determination of Suitability for a Position of Public Trust or the ability to obtain such a Determination immediately upon employment
* Ability to accurately collect, collate and enter information into databases, workbooks, or documents, especially using the Microsoft Office suite of programs
* Ability to manage tasks among multiple stakeholders when trained on the specific tools
* Ability to produce written materials in standard, edited American English, as modified by organizational styles, or to edit received non-standard materials to comply to the standard
* Knowledge and use of various data systems to include
* General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS)
* Defense Agency Initiative Employee Time and Attendance;
* Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS);
* Defense Civilian Pay System (DCPS);
* Human Resources Links (HRLink)
* Fluent in Microsoft Office (Microsoft WORD; EXCEL; Access; and PowerPoint);
* Defense Travel System (DTS);
* Electronic/Records Management Training;
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply online at www.cherokee-cnhs.com
Established in 2009, Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services (CNHS) provides medical supplies and a wide range of services, including financial recovery, patient appointing, recruiting, credentialing and placement of clinical, administrative and housekeeping personnel for numerous federal agencies and commercial clients. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNHS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
Website : http://www.cherokee.org
The Cherokee Nation is the federally recognized government of the Cherokee people and thereby has sovereign status granted by treaty and law. The seat of tribal government is the W.W. Keeler Complex near Tahlequah , Oklahoma , capital of the Cherokee Nation. Please visit http://www.cherokee.org/Government/Default.aspx for more information about Cherokee Nation and affiliates.