Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position located in Washington DC will have the responsibility to support the Senior Manager Labor Relations and direct reports in case management, which includes file preparation in ODILR and Documentum from opening to closing of cases involving actions under the some 24 collective bargaining agreements. It includes database entry and query of discipline and claim/grievance cases at any stage from initiation through to arbitral award. This position performs internal and external factual, contractual and arbitral information research including data base research in such systems for example as LMS, TDRS, WMS, NLRC, NMB, and LRRT. It performs general office duties and may prepare, initiate and respond to others in oral and written communication whether, email, correspondence, etc. to handle the needs of the office and Labor Relations.
• Maintain claim/grievance and discipline case files including data base entry/query research, analysis and evaluation
• Create case files, upload cases into ODILR/Documentum and provide case handling guidance on Documentum use and case management
• Perform research to include for example employee status, payroll and assignment information, employee schedules, bulletin and awards call sheets and case precedent
• Preparation of written communication and/or response and obtaining general research, data base research and query results within strict time limits
• Demonstrated case file/database management and interaction with various levels of employees.
• Demonstrate skills using PC-Based spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel, Access); Microsoft Word and Documentum
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers, driving diverse workgroups to collaborative solutions
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook
• Proficient at effectively communicating verbally, in writing, and through presentation
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Legal, Labor Relations, or Industrial Relations education and at least some related work experience
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Job Family/Function:Human Capital
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements:1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job - we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Human Capital || No Additional
Website : https://www.amtrak.com
The National Railroad Passenger Corporation, Amtrak, is a corporation striving to deliver a high quality, safe, on-time rail passenger service that exceeds customer expectations. Learn all about Amtrak here from every angle.