As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Talent Management, Organization Development and learning services are deployed across the Partners HealthCare system through a newly developed Talent Management 'Center of Excellence' (COE). Part of Human Resources, the Talent Management COE provides focused thought leadership and support to deliver high-impact HR strategy and programs that address the changing needs of employees and leadership.
This position will be dedicated to providing Organization Development support to Brigham Health. Brigham Health is an academic medical system comprised of Brigham and Women's Hospital, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital and Brigham and Women's Physicians Organization. Services will be provided in collaboration with the local HR at Brigham Health and other Brigham-dedicated OD and Learning Service professionals.
The OD Consultant will provide a wide range of Organization Development and managerial consulting services to departments and their leaders across Brigham and contribute to the best practices of a system-wide Center of Excellence in Talent Management.
Under broad direction from the Manager of Strategic OD, the candidate will facilitate Organization Development activities and support programs/projects within Brigham Health, and other Partners institutions as appropriate.
The ideal candidate possesses strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and project/program management skills, experience implementing and supporting Talent Management solutions and OD interventions, intellectual independence and problem solving ability, tolerance for ambiguity, and is organizationally savvy. Healthcare experience is a plus.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage various organization development, learning, change management and human capital projects: establish and gain buy-in for project plans; organize/facilitate project related logistics; manage constituent teams; communicate with stakeholders; support project related strategic activities; fulfill other project management duties as required.
• Provide project management support for institution-wide, large-scale organizational development & human capital/talent management and change management initiatives, including: performance management, process improvement, employee engagement surveys, strategic communications, leadership/management development, work force / work place redesign, and others as they emerge.
• Manage the planning, design, delivery, implementation, and evaluation of ongoing human capital, management development, leadership development, career development and learning programs: facilitate all facets of program development, drive implementation of both internally delivered and vendor managed programs, develop and implement ongoing support model, administer evaluation and continual improvement, and manage ongoing logistics with support from Learning Services team and HR Operations, as appropriate.
• Research best practices for management, leadership and career development programs.
• Collaborate with internal colleagues as needed for program development and strategic alignment of programs and services.
• Provide coaching and consultations to leaders, managers and departments: participate in diagnostic / recommendation discussions and interventions with consultants; capture diagnostic / recommendation data & strategy and convert to documentation and intervention plans.
• Collaborate with Learning Services to manage and deliver learning solutions, as necessary.
• Working with OD & Learning Services leadership, support the development and maintenance of a multi-year Organization Development strategy for the organization and the departments within it.
• Establish and maintain strategic business partnerships with the Human Resources department and service lines across Brigham Health.
• Support operational activities of the OD & Learning Services department as needed.
• Make presentations to various groups eliciting appropriate audience involvement and utilizing adult learning principles.
• Interface with and procure decisions from leaders.
• Other duties as assigned.
* Three to five years of experience, including: OD Consulting; project management, program management implementing and managing Talent Management, Leadership/Management Development and other learning/human capital programs; Organization Development and/or training.
* Expertise in adult learning theory and methods
* Masters Degree in Organization Development, Business Administration, Counseling, Education, Human Resources Development, Training or related field required.
* Ability to carry out position with a high degree of customer service, communication, teamwork and timeliness.
* Candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
OD / Consulting: Understand basics of Organization Development, learning theory, leadership/management/ career development, training and change management programs.
Program Management: Able to design, implement and manage programs related to OD/Human Capital/HRD/Human Capital Development from soup to nuts; manage all facets of ongoing operations of programs.
Project Management: Able to develop and facilitate all aspects of a project; plan appropriately; communicate to key stakeholders proactively; manage team dynamics; balance resources/cost/time; deliver results.
Planning & Organizing: Able to employ time and task management to work; avoid wasting time on tasks that yield low value; balance multiple demands without sacrificing efficiency.
Relationship Management: Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; develop a network of contacts and target specific influential people to reach goals
Flexibility & Tolerance for Ambiguity: Able to positively deal with changes that affect job requirements; adapt to shifting priorities in response to the needs of internal and external clients; work to clarify situations where information, instructions, or objectives are ambiguous.
Team Work: Able to share due credit with coworkers; promote friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from coworkers
Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; interact with clients; use tact when expressing ideas or opinions;
Facilitation Skills: Able to adapt presentations to suit a particular audience; present to authority figures; elicit appropriate involvement from various audiences; teach utilizing adult learning principles.
Reading the System: Able thrive in a complex matrixed organization; use common sense to get things done; identify key people to bring about change and understand underlying political dynamics of work; be aware of significant contributing factors to manage change.
Integrity: Able to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; handle all situations honestly.
* Office environment, mobile work & local travel to various sites
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Partner's Healthcare is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: