HR Generalist Jobs
HR Generalist Jobs in Virginia
HR Generalist Jobs in Falls Church, VA
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, and exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a CAREing Company.
Performs human resources duties at the professional level and may carry out all or some of the responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training,
1. Manage applicant tracking system: write/post job ads, screen candidates, manage applicant flow.
2. Manage recruiting process: develop a recruiting strategy for each job through intake meetings with hiring manager, use external databases to source candidates, conduct initial phone screens, and coordinate efforts with hiring team.
3. Address and resolve workplace issues in order to maintain a productive and positive work environment: employee complaints, harassment allegations, performance management, and disciplinary actions.
4. Manage employee short-term disability, FMLA requests, workers compensation, OSHA requirements, and unemployment claims.
5. Provide interview and applicant tracking system training to new hiring managers.
6. Manage department sourcing strategy: non-experienced and experienced reoccurring positions, and on-off positions. Conducts new hire orientation and exit interviews.
7. Develop and maintain relationship with employment agencies, universities, and other recruitment sources. May represent the company at external recruiting events.
8. Conducts new hire orientation and exit interviews.
9. Assists team members with annual open enrollment.
10. Assists head of department in maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
11. May respond to and resolves employee questions or problems regarding issues with benefits and compensation.
BA or BS in Human Resources Management or similar field
4 years of experience in Human Resources management
SHRM Certification preferred
Experience using ATS and HRIS software a plus
Effective written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain rapport
In-depth knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources administration
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.