Cincinnati, OH, United States
Analyst, HR Analytics','MAC13192','!*!
This position’s primary responsibilities will be to meet the ad hoc reporting needs of the Macy’s, Inc. HR enterprise. Responsibilities include self-monitoring of request queues to determine the data need, evaluating the proper reporting tool to meet the need, completing the request, ensuring accuracy of the finished product and delivering the data to the business partner. Adherence to Macy’s Data Handling and Protection policies are critical with the additional responsibility of meeting or exceeding established Service Level Agreements. Additional responsibilities include testing current reporting applications and established dashboards for proper functionality and access, quality control checks on important and highly visible analyses completed by the team, and monthly updating of the HR Analytics Salesforce dashboard.
This position requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, an above average technical skill set, and excellent verbal and written communication skills with well-developed skills in managing several projects at once. This position will also perform other duties as assigned and is based out of Cincinnati, Ohio.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Monitoring and reviewing both Salesforce and SharePoint queues for ad hoc requests with self-assignment of request.
• Gathering and documenting data requirements for ad hoc queries from business partners.
• Determining appropriate reporting tool for the request, i.e., OTBI, PeopleTools, or HR Analytic Database.
• Building the query to reflect accurate technical and functional requirements
• Reviewing queries and output for accuracy and reasonability.
• Delivering ad hoc request to business partner securely through the SharePoint portal.
Meeting and adhering to Data Handling and Protection policies when handling and delivering data to the business partner.
• Meeting established department service level agreements (SLA’s) and timelines in the delivery of the information to the business partner.
• Effectively answering the business partner(s) follow-up questions regarding the delivered data request.
• Communicates to management opportunities for dashboard development by observation of recurring ad hoc themes.
• Daily access testing and documentation of working functionality for the following applications and dashboards:
• Oracle Transaction Business Intelligence Reporting Tool (OTBI)
• HR Analytic Database
• Reports published to the Tableau Server
• Reports published to HCM (Infolets)
• OBIEE Reports
• When issues are detected, email communication to responsible parties for escalation.
• As needed, conduct audits on selected analyses to ensure accuracy of data, correct spelling, proper calculations used and overall quality of document. The following analyses will be included in this review on a regular basis, however other documents not listed below may require a QC review, as needed:
• Human Capital Scorecard (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s)
• Human Capital Scorecard – MOC (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s)
• Quarterly Diversity Dashboards
• When issues are detected, email or in person communication to responsible parties for escalation.
• Monthly update and publication of HR Analytics Salesforce dashboard to management.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field from an accredited university preferred or 1-2 years of experience required in an analytical environment with manipulation of large data sets.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Proven track record with analytic thinking and logical reasoning abilities.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
• May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Above average technical skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
• Previous experience with OTBI, Peopletools, Tableau, Alteryx and SQL preferred.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.','','United States-Ohio-Cincinnati','Business Analysis','Analyst, HR Analytics
Website : http://www.macys.com
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, and the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.