Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Waltham
As a Sr. Human Resources Manager , you will be responsible for providing a combination of client support (working directly with the employees and management team) while also providing project and program support for the team The ideal candidate is able to make a significant impact and excels in a fast paced, engaged, high growth, results oriented environment managing both short and longer term goals effectively.
* Partner with management to understand business goals, people implications, and ensures execution of region/site level HR programs
* Partner with HR Platforms and Business HR leads to develop and implement business driven HR programs and change initiatives within assigned client group that drive organizational alignment and effective human resource utilization
* Plan and operate independently when making decisions for client groups, utilizing manager as sounding board for complex issues and approvals when necessary
* Partner with the Talent Platform and managers to drive recruitment and employee development strategies and processes including onboarding, employee training and development, career management, talent reviews, and succession planning
* Partner with Total Rewards Platform and managers to facilitate the annual compensation planning processes and drive overall compensation strategies and processes
* Promote positive employee relations management, as measured by the annual Employee Involvement Survey, by partnering with the Counsel and Culture Platform, reinforcing Diversity and Inclusion principles, concepts, and resources, and supporting a collaborative culture through participation in local events or Employee Resource Groups
* Counsel management on employee relations issues to ensure that the business follows applicable laws and policies, and support investigations in coordination with the Council and Culture Platform
* Partner with HR Platforms and Business HR leads to develop and implement change initiatives within assigned client group to drive organizational alignment and effective human resource utilization
* Lead and promote a positive One Thermo Fisher company culture by being an advocate for employees while achieving company goals
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
* 8 to 10 years of Human Resource Generalist/Manager or related experience.
* Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
* Consultation: Assess, analyze and advise internal clients as to best practices and solutions in alignment with organizational goals and priorities. Demonstrates exceptional personal credibility; engendering trust, keeping confidences, building relationships and rapport with colleagues across all levels of the organization, effectively contracts with the business to define scope of efforts that are realistic and attainable, reads situations quickly, facilitates conflict resolution, able to determine appropriate actions and options to reach reasonable solutions and adapts style, approach or message to stakeholders to drive intended results.
* Change Leadership: Plan and execute activities required to successfully move an organization through a transition or a strategic initiative. Fosters an environment of innovation and change challenging the status quo with data and logical reasoning, ensures employees have the tools to navigate and act as an advocate for the change, uses data or performance measures to assess/measure progress to change, promotes, advocates and leads change initiatives within the organization.
* Analytical Reasoning: Look at data and/or information to determine what matters most, and discern logical patterns/assumptions. Defines relevant metrics for the business and analyzes with a key sense for what is useful, rationalizes data and makes sound decisions based on evaluation of available information recognizing data limitations where they exist and is able to make reasonable assumptions for a business case, transfers knowledge and best practices from one situation to the next, uses data to manage and take risks.
* Organizational Agility: Learn, adapt, drive results, and leverage knowledge of formal organizational and informal social network relationships. Works effectively with a wide range of personal and group styles. Navigates effectively through a complex and/or matrix environment, knows how to secure and leverage resources to get work done through both formal and informal channels, fosters collaboration among stakeholders and team members and provides creative solutions and uses a multitude of inputs and/or resources to achieve intended goals.
* Technical and Functional Skills: Skilled HR expert that leverages tools, systems and resources to drive organizational effectiveness, understanding business strategy and identifies the people strategies and tactics that support realization of business goals. Functional knowledge of HR domains, systems, practices and processes, plus: Works Council Engagement and Employment Law, demonstrates broad and deep understanding of impactful and practical HR strategies, solutions and tactics, conveys knowledge of Thermo Fisher Scientific businesses and related people strategies, keeps abreast of new functional and technical approaches, tools and thinking, applies new functional and technical learning into personal skill set, strong project management skills with the ability to own or lead initiatives.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.