Andeavor is looking for a flexible, innovative and dedicated Senior Human Resources professional for its Retail Convenience Store business unit, Western Refining. The right candidate will have extensive employee relations and investigations experience, have some background in training, and be willing to travel within the state of California. This person should be familiar with what travel time behind the wheel is like, and be flexible to hit the road as business needs require. Thorough knowledge of California employment law is a must. As the Retail industry is unique in many ways, an HR background in a retail setting would set this candidate above the rest.
Develops strong business relationships with assigned client groups, consults with HR Centers of Excellence on talent, organizational development, employee relations and compensation and benefits issues. Partners with business leadership to facilitate effective organizational change. Leads initiatives between HR and assigned business unit(s) to design and implement strategies in alignment with both business and HR objectives. Ability to maintain confidential and professional behavior and demeanor.
* Provides consultative Human Resources support to retail management as needed. Works in a confidential manner to identify employee and store needs with regards to employee relations and HR procedural issues.
* Assists in administering, implementing, communicating and resolving issues relating to company policies and procedures. Provides counseling and assistance to employees in these areas.
* Conducts investigations at store level as required.
* Provides support to employees affected by safety incidents occurring at Retail stores.
* Supports training for retail personnel in new and existing HR topics.
* Special projects and other related tasks as required.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers, co-workers and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
* Ability to provide a high level of customer service by being courteous and professional, providing accurate information and responding to requests in a timely manner.
* Ability to work independently and effectively under minimal supervision.
* Intermediate skill level in using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Experience with ADP, Success Factors, SAP preferred
*This position is to support our California retail gas station/convenience store operations. Travel is required.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Labor & Industrial Relations, or related field required
* Four or more years of broad HR experience is required
* SPHR/PHR preferred
* Retail experience preferred (Convenient store highly desired)
* Experience with California specific employment law
* Must have an acceptable driving history and valid driver's license
* Ability to travel to different areas of retail operations in the California territory to address store-level concerns as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Reference #:
Recruiter and Available Location Information
California - 8611 S Western Ave, Los Angeles: 8611 S Western Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90047
Website : http://www.andeavor.com/
Tesoro acquired Western Refining and announced that the company would adopt a new name, Andeavor, effective August 1, 2017. The change in our name has its roots in our decision some years ago to create a special company, one that delivers ever greater value to all our stakeholders by bringing out the best in each other.