Lockheed Martin Corporation
Job Description :
Technology that enables cars to drive themselves. Routine flights to Mars. Fusion reactors that produce limitless energy. To most people, they’re pure science fiction from the world of tomorrow like something out of a movie. But at Lockheed Martin, we live on the cutting edge of physics, material science, technology and engineering. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of over 100,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
This internship will support the corporate Global Diversity & Inclusion organization. This corporate position will have high visibility across the Lockheed Martin corporate Human Resources organization as well as the opportunity to interface with the business area operations.
Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Engagement with employee network and internal community
- Communications related to Diversity &Inclusion initiatives around employee engagement, inclusive leadership, and work environment
- Support external corporate activities, events, and related efforts to attract and retain a diverse pipeline of talent
- Assist with research and benchmarking best practices within industry, nationally, and globally
- Conduct value-add analysis and recommending metrics for tracking progress and process improvements
- Design and delivery of training and development materials
- Other projects as assigned
Pursuing a degree in a Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline (Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Labor Relations, Business, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and involvement
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Experience in branding, marketing, and promoting internal and external events
- Problem solver/solution focused
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Project management and event planning experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop mutually effective relationships with leaders, peers, and external stakeholders to achieve results
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive documents and information
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS1000 CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
PART-TIME-less than 40 hrs/wk;
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation Disclaimer
Lockheed Martin utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a Lockheed Martin job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on Lockheed Martin's behalf, please do not respond. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation
Powered by SmashFly
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.