Overview and Responsibilities
Viacom is seeking a Senior Vice President of Human Resources to partner with our revenue generating groups as well as our Chief Data Officer organization. This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of one of the most forward-thinking revenue and data groups in the industry. It's also an opportunity to work with deeply passionate teams who are obsessed with selling, distributing and marketing iconic brands and IP such as MTV, Comedy Central, and Nickelodeon across all platforms and experiences. The role's primary purpose is to use organization insight to help improve business outcomes. The core of the job will be developing impactful talent and organizational strategies.
* Contribute to the business strategy by helping client group leaders identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
* Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
* Review key business performance targets and developments and their related talent implications with business leaders.
* Facilitate long-term initiatives aligned with the strategic agenda where relevant
* Assist business unit leaders in providing top talent employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards.
* Develop and promote ongoing feedback mechanisms for leaders and employees to influence the continuous improvement of the business partners' services and processes.
* Lead HR team that will support business strategies and manage day-to-day HR responsibilities (employee relations, org re-structures, partner with training & recruitment, etc.)
* Develop, manage and mentor HR team to achieve highest level of client group support.
* Provide expert advice and coaching to leaders and employees when appropriate.
* Understand and solicit employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns.
* Substantial business acumen
* Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy
* Ability to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy
* Ability to collect and synthesize large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data
* Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis
* Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people
* Effective team player and networker
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
* Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management), and talent management practices
Track record of success in the following areas:
* Providing business value to the enterprise and to leaders and their orgs through the HR Business Partner function
* Building credibility and trust across a diverse range of client groups
* Excellent manager of HR business partners including attracting, developing and retaining staff.
* Building loyalty and trust among clients, peers, partners, and direct reports
* Rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
* Great communication skills and understand how to communicate large complex change.
* Experience with Creative cultures and motivating creative individuals and teams.
* Experience in transformational change
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 10 years of HR or relevant HR Business Partner Manager
* Demonstrated experience managing/leading HR teams
* MA/MS/MBA degree.
* Experience working in Media