Help Duties Summary
About the Position: This is an open continuous announcement for Human Resources Assistant (Military) in several locations. Initial cutoff will be 28 February, 2018. Recruitment will continue through the announcement closing date to fill positions as they become vacant.
Applications are valid for 90 days in the system.
Applicants must reapply after 90 days to remain active.
This announcement covers multiple locations; pay will be set within the range for the location to which you are applying.
The list of cities does not specifically mean that there is a vacancy in that city. It is difficult to predict if or when a specific city will have a vacant position.
Learn more about this agency
* Interview candidates to determine ROTC program eligibility
* Ensure candidates meet requirements for security clearance
* Prepare student (Cadet) enrollment packages
* Schedule physical and obtain fingerprints
* Type a variety of correspondence
50% or less - Business travel may be required up to 30% of the time.
* Job family (Series)
0203 Human Resources Assistance
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
* Temporary Duty (TDY) may be required up to 30% of the time.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
* 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
* Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
* Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
* Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
* Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
* Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
* Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
* Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
* People with Disabilities, Schedule A
* Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
* Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 grade level in the Federal service which includes work that involves 1) applying a standard body of military personnel duties, regulations, procedures and operations concerning the preparation of enrollment and contact documents to maintain and update military record jackets for ROTC cadets, and to perform military functions in support of unit military cadre. 2) ROTC organization and functions of the Detachment sufficient to provide regulatory guidance and program eligibility information.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
* Customer Service
* Technical Competence
* Written Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.