Human Resources Specialist, Military Personnel Support Division
Falls Church, VA
The DHA is a joint, integrated Combat Support Agency that enables the Army, Navy, and Air Force medical services to provide a medically ready force and ready medical force to Combatant Commands in both peacetime and wartime. The DHA supports the delivery of integrated, affordable, and high quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries and is responsible for driving greater integration of clinical and business processes across the MHS.
The Military Personnel Support Division (MPSD) is organized into four Branches, one for each supported Military Service and one for awards and decorations across Service lines. The MPSD Chief is dual-hatted as Commander, U.S. Air Force Element, DHA (AFELM). The MPSD is aligned under the Directorate of Resources and Management (J-1/8) and works closely with the Human Resources Division and Manpower and Organizational Design Division in managing the DHA's human capital. The MDSP Chief currently requires a U.S. Air Force lieutenant colonel, and the J-1/8 is a member of the Senior Executive Service (SES). The Director of the DHA is a three-star general or flag officer who reports to the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs.
We are seeking a highly motivated Air Force Human Resources Specialist to join our team, which is focused on supporting individual soldiers, sailors, and airmen and their organizations in multiple locations. The MPSD provides support across the DHA, through a variety of communication modes and methods.
* Provide Air Force HR Support including, but not limited to:
* Coordinating ordinary and permissive leave requests
* Prepare/process classification actions
* Process profile requests
* In-process newly arrived members to the agency
* Out-process departing members (Officer/Enlisted)
* Update local HR Data Bases with information for currently assigned/departed/inbound members
* Review/edit/process Enlisted and Officer evaluation reports
* Perform personnel updates (including position number updates)
* Process reenlistment and extension requests
* Schedule annual fitness assessments
* Process requisition requests
* Process Retirement Certificate requests
* Provide general administrative support as required
* Ability to access and utilize Air Force Personnel Systems
* Bachelor's degree in a liberal arts or business discipline or four years additional experience in lieu of a degree
* Two years of experience in a professional office setting supporting mid-level to senior executives
* Familiarity with the basic rank structures of the U.S. Military Services and the broad outlines of military culture and ethics
* Familiarity with the basic structure of the U.S. Civil Service and the broad outlines of Federal Government operations, culture, and ethics
* Ability to work in a regulated team environment
* Ability to work under a Federal contract supporting a Department of Defense client, especially in the handling of sensitive but unclassified client information as demonstrated by an existing Determination of Suitability for a Position of Public Trust or the ability to obtain such a Determination immediately upon employment
* Ability to accurately collect, collate and enter information into databases, workbooks, or documents, especially using the Microsoft Office suite of programs
* Ability to manage taskings among multiple stakeholders when trained on the specific tools
* Ability to produce written materials in standard, edited American English, as modified by organizational styles, or to edit received non-standard materials to comply
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply online at www.cherokee-cnhs.com
Established in 2009, Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services (CNHS) provides medical supplies and a wide range of services, including financial recovery, patient appointing, recruiting, credentialing and placement of clinical, administrative and housekeeping personnel for numerous federal agencies and commercial clients. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNHS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
The Cherokee Nation is the federally recognized government of the Cherokee people and thereby has sovereign status granted by treaty and law. The seat of tribal government is the W.W. Keeler Complex near Tahlequah , Oklahoma , capital of the Cherokee Nation. Please visit http://www.cherokee.org/Government/Default.aspx for more information about Cherokee Nation and affiliates.