Area of Interest
Manages the day to day and long term operations of the Human Resources department, including Health and Safety, Employment, Employee Relations, Benefits, and Security. Ensures compliance with State and Federal labor laws as well as the sites compliance with EEO requirements.
Current site staffing levels are approximately 1,000 employees. The combined value of the 2 budgets (HR and Security) this position is responsible for is $2,500,000. Position has 3 direct reports and 7 indirect.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT
- Acts as liaison between area management and employees. Provides advice and counsel to Manager’s, Supervisor’s and employees (employee advocate) regarding personnel practices, policy, and employment laws (coaching/counseling, problem resolution, administration of progressive discipline policy).
- Develops and administers the sites employee relations program which includes Employee Appreciation events, Company Sponsored events and Employee Communications.
- Directs the development of staffing strategies from temporary staffing to executive placement.
- Administration of company benefit program at a site level - ensures company benefit programs are communicated and understood by employees.
- Responsible for the sites Health and Safety programs and compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Responsible for the sites security program which includes protection of employees, their personal property and company assets.
Four year college degree in Human Resources or related field required and 7 years of progressive HR experience. Requires a thorough knowledge of employment and labor laws and OSHA regulations.
Must possess excellent communication skills (verbal and listening). Proven leadership with the ability to exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
Computer literate using business software (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes) required.
Professional certification a plus – PHR/SPHR