Title: Leave of Absence Coordinator
Location: Downers Grove, IL, US, 60515
Company: Univar USA
Requisition ID: 8776
It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company - were a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the worlds most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated $8 billion in sales in 2016 - securing the #1 market position in North America and the #2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people - people like you - and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If youre looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, youve come to the right place.
This role will be responsible for administering Univars Leave of Absence programs. This role will act as the central point of contact for leave administration by providing advice and consultation to management and coordinate employee pay and benefits while they are on a leave of absence.
* Coordination and administration of the employee disability / leave programs
* Provide guidance as appropriate to employees filing Short Term Disability claims and/or other types of leave of absence.
* Communicate/confirm date of disability, anticipated return to work dates and any updates to employees manager. Advises Management on potential solutions to leave issues.
* Facilitate FMLA process.
* Corresponds with Third Party vendor to investigate discrepancies and/or errors.
* Flags and escalates potential leave issues as appropriate.
* Recommends LOA process design improvements, assist as required in process redesign.
* Provide accurate weekly, monthly and annual reports to various working groups within Univar.
* Coordinate the Interactive Process and other ADA regulations, between the employee, field management and corporate legal department.
* Process bi-weekly payroll for employees on leave of absence.
* Maintain accurate leave of absence information in SAP system.
* Audit and process bi-weekly eligibility files for life and disability vendors.
* Process invoices for leave related policies/programs.
* Participate in annual open enrollment activities.
* Administer EOI process of Life and Disability buy-up benefits, conducting audit as appropriate
* Coordinate life insurance process when a death occurs
* Performs other related duties as required or requested.
* Bachelors Degree (in HR or related field preferred) or equivalent (HS Diploma or GED with at least two years of Leave of Absence related work experience)
* Additional courses related to benefits administration (desired)
* Must be familiar with Federal & State laws regarding workers compensation, FMLA, HIPAA and ADA
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
* Knowledge of SAP system software preferred
Univar is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous vacation and sick leave and much more.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Payroll, ERP, SAP, Compensation, Finance, Technology, Human Resources
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?