BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter—both in the marketplace and in our offices.
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) works in collaboration with the office's Managing Partner (MP) and National Office HR to carry out the firm's HR strategies. Responsible for managing the daily operations of the HR function including performing duties in employee relations, onboading, training, performance management, benefits, compensation, and employment law compliance.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,600 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
* Champion and facilitate coaching, performance success and recognition initiatives
* Manage onboarding and orientation for new hires
* Coordinate office recruiting activities in collaboration with recruiting team
* Lead employee advisory committee; take lead role in planning and executing employee events
* Interpret, assist and advise employees about benefit administration and leave management
* Work with regional and office managing partners on internal issues and inquiries
* Manage continuing education enrollment & reporting and monitor professional licensing
* Maintain confidentiality of records, sensitive conversations and organizational knowledge
* This position will be based in our Omaha office and will have responsibility for supporting our Omaha, and Lincoln HR and employee needs. Regular travel to both offices will be expected.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
* High degree of initiative; ability to think proactively and problem-solve
* Excellent project management, decision-making, writing and oral communication skills
* Ability to command the attention and respect of firm leaders
* Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, web-based applications and email
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and handle sensitive information
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to confidently and comfortably deliver presentations and speak in front of large groups
* Ability to quickly learn firm policies, procedures, infrastructure and service lines
* Knowledge of employment laws and best practices or ability to gain this knowledge quickly and efficiently
* Knowledge of professional service environment preferred
* Education and Required Experience
* Minimum 4 years of related human resources management, business partner, and/or generalist experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business or related field
* PHR or SPHR a plus (not required)
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.