The Human Resources Manager stewards the Think Shift employment experience ensuring consistent application of programs and practices. Key responsibilities include leading employee-life cycle activities such as recruitment, onboarding, assisting managers and employees with human resource program questions, annual compensation review, performance reviews, training and off-boarding.
What you get to do:
40% Recruitment, on and off-boarding
· Lead our recruitment and selection process for employees including updating and posting job advertisements, screening resumes, conducting interviews, assisting with candidate selection, reference checks and extending job offers.
· Assist Creative Services with Freelance partner network recruitment by screening or communicating with potential freelancers.
· Coordinate employee off-boarding by initiating exit checklist, preparing final pay letter, conducting exit interview and supporting employees and managers.
25% Culture, learning and performance
· Act as a culture ambassador – educate new and current employees as well as job candidates on Think Shift culture.
· Champion 1:1 meetings and encourage all managers to be accountable to their stewardship commitment. Add/delete employees and change reporting structures in the system as needed.
· Plan and coordinate employee education and development initiatives, including Lunch and Learns, Think Shift University and other company training programs.
· Lead the Culture Club Committee by coordinating meetings and holding members accountable to action items.
· Lead the annual performance management process by coordinating the program launch, reviewing the process with all staff and holding managers accountable.
· Coordinate the semi-annual employee engagement survey by launching and following up with employees to encourage participation. Work with Director of People and Culture to prepare survey findings and recommendations.
· Participate in the Health and Wellness committee to provide guidance as well as health and safety knowledge.
25% Employee and manager support
· Provide support to employees and managers as they use human resource programs and services.
· Assist Director of People and Culture to draft new policies, make revisions and enforce company policies and processes as needed.
· Assist Director of People and Culture with additional tasks and projects on an ongoing basis.
10% Compensation, policy and administration
· Maintain electronic and hardcopy employee file documentation.
· Double check bi-weekly and semimonthly payrolls for Accountant to ensure accuracy.
· Prepare semi-annual bonus letters and distribute to managers.
· Administer the annual compensation review process, including updating PayScale data, running reports and preparing documentation for managers. Advise managers on compensation philosophy and communicate company bonus plan to employees.
· Act as back up payroll for both Canadian and American payrolls.
· Assist VP, Operations with Visas for cross-border travelers.
· Assist Director of People and Culture with transitioning employees to disability or on return to work programs by completing application forms, preparing letters and documentation.
What we are looking for:
· Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or related field (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
· Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation, or working toward it, considered an asset
· 7 years of human resources generalist experience including payroll experience required
· Experience with Payworks, PayScale considered assets
· Knowledge of the Manitoba Employment Standards Code and Oregon labor statutes
· Proven ability to provide well-researched, knowledgeable advice to employees and managers
· Experience with employee-driven culture initiatives
Must be able to relocate to Portland, Oregon or Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada