Republic Services, Inc.
Richmond, VA, United States
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With limited and general direction from an Area Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager acts as a business partner with the local management team to effectively manage the human resources function for assigned division(s) while maintaining compliance with industry regulatory agencies and company programs. In addition to administering staffing, training, employee relations, compliance, benefits, and compensation programs at the local level, this role is actively engaged with the implementation of strategic Human Resources initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• 3 years of directly applicable experience as an HR Generalist or HR Manager who was involved in all aspects of HR.
• Ability to impact and influence all levels of the Company.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or closely related field.
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification.
• Masters Degree.
• Provides human resources advice and consultation to employees and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, interpretation of employment policies and resolution.
• Implements, disseminates, and monitors company policies, programs and procedures in the areas otraining, compensation, compliance, and benefits to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
• Oversees recording and maintenance of employee information, such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations/separations of employment.
• Monitors division compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, unemployment compensation and any other employment-related requirements.
• Coordinates with division operations and corporate/area Human Resources staff regarding all employment activity (i.e., hiring, employee relations, compliance, terminations, etc.) within the division.
• Assists in conducting and resolving investigations regarding employee complaints and concerns.
• Participates in local management staff meetings and assists with and influences personnel related decisions.
• Involved with coaching and counseling managers as it relates to performance management.
• Identifies training needs and/or gaps and develops training programs as appropriate. Also conducts training sessions, including but not limited to, new hire orientation, classroom training and additional leadership sessions.
• Performs or assists with necessary Human Resource related audits for specific locations.
• Implements succession planning and talent management plans to support leadership by identifying current talent and anticipating future needs.
• May oversee and direct the work of the other Human Resources staff or administrative staff members.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 60% of the time.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Republic Services, Inc.
Website : http://www.republicservices.com
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of. Our company was founded with a “can do” spirit guided by integrity and values such as keeping our word, working hard and walking our talk. We believe in respecting the planet and applying common sense solutions to the waste and recycling challenges of our customers.