AEG MANAGEMENT BROOKLYN LLC
This position is the first point of contact for guests and other visitors of Barclays Center. The incumbent must have a pleasant and inviting demeanor and be a motivated self-starter with an unparalleled work ethic and desire to be the best. Additionally, the position also serves as a support role for the Human Resources department. The incumbent will be given projects and tasks that are generated through the Human Resources department.
He/She is responsible for providing impeccable customer service to internal and external guests. Primary responsibilities will include answering Barclays Center’s main telephone lines, directing calls, taking and relaying messages, providing venue and event-related information to callers, greeting persons entering the office, and directing individuals to the correct destinations. The incumbent will also be a primary point of contact during events responding to guests’ questions, comments, and complaints over the phone. In addition, this role encompasses administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, directing phone calls, and assisting Human Resources, Finance, and other department managers as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains a professional, friendly and hospitable presence in all internal and external interactions;
• Dealing with queries or requests from the internal employees, clients, guests and general public
• Providing general clerical and administrative support to all levels of professionals
• Scheduling appointments, organizing meetings, maintaining appointment diary either electronically or manually
• Responsible for maintaining a fun, friendly, and safe environment
• Respond to guest complaints, questions, information requests and concerns
• Use excellent customer service skills and positive attitude when interacting with guests, vendors, & employees
• Effectively and calmly interact with angry or emotional guests and employees
• Preparing letters and documents including receiving, responding and sorting out e-mails and deliveries received
• Establishes a positive relationship with the existing and potential clients to enhance confidence in our brand;
• Communicates and rectifies existing problems as it relates to the aesthetics and cleanliness of our office, as well as the coordination of visitors, meetings, deliveries and mail flow;
• Professionally administer all incoming calls to ensure phone calls are redirected accordingly;
• When applicable, provides callers company information as well as other information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information;
• Operates a multiple-call telephone console and routes calls to the appropriate person or location with the arena and external corporate office. Calls must be answered within approximately three rings;
• Meets and greets visitors, clients, vendors, job applicants, employees, and others with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy;
• Exercises discretion and interpretive judgment when speaking with sometimes stressful callers;
• Provides general administrative and clerical assistance to the HR team and other departments as needed;
• Maintains a safe and clean front desk area;
• Communicates proactively with supervisor;
• Communicates the applicable elements of visitor protocol, in conjunction with building security at the Dean Street entrance, to ensure compliance with building policies as well a flawless execution of the respective components;
• Coordinates and facilitates to meet the needs of any special guests arriving for executive management;
• Partners with the Administrative Assistant team as well as other assistants within the organization to align best practices and provide a seamless experience for internal and external interactions;
• Receives deliveries and contacts the appropriate individuals;
• Assists with monitoring the allotted time for each of the conference rooms as advised by the schedule provided;
• Ensures conference space is clean, with applicable decorum and video (if necessary), creating a “Best-in Class” environment to facilitate positive relations;
• Confirms locations, attendees and times for internal and external meetings when instructed;
• Establishes protocol for enhancing guest/clients reception upon arrival and for their full experience while doing business at Barclays Center;
• Incorporates the Brooklyn’s Best quality standards and behavioral guidelines into everyday interaction;
• Assists with upkeep and organization of the executive office storage room
• Coordinates and facilitates the visitation process to meet the needs of any special guests/clients arriving for meetings with executive management;
• Assists with mass new hire orientations including the I-9 verification process, mass hire file submission, and auditing that the new hire paperwork has been properly completed
• Works in coordination with Human Resources staff to ensure processes are efficient, effective and easily understood;
• Analyzes internal processes, and recommends and implements procedural or policy changes to improve operations;
• Participates in team meetings with all members of Administrative Assistants team;
• Assists and contributes to various projects and initiatives driven by HR team;
• Maintain company confidentiality and proprietary information
• Maintain cleanliness of general office area and work space
• Complete all assigned tasks within the guidelines & deadlines set by the Office Manager
• Stock kitchen pantry in the executive office, administrative offices, and employee break room
• Follow all operating policies and procedures at all times
• Work in conjunction with Office Manager to maintain par stock areas of all office supplies
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be technically proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
• Must have excellent attention to detail;
• Must have excellent written and oral skills;
• Must possess strong communication skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
• Must have strong time management, organizational and team work skills;
• Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time, as well as others’ time to ensure that assignments are tracked and accomplished;
• Ability to memorize, recollect, and quickly retrieve relevant information
• Performing a variety of duties, without the loss of efficiency or composure
• Must be self-directed, self-motivated and able to work independently;
• Must be able to maintain a professional appearance, set an example to employees and follow the Company dress policy;
• Must be able to maintain a proficient level of building knowledge with regards to trends and updates with the purpose of adding value to the organization, developing policy and ensuring compliance;
• Must have good decision-making and problem-solving capabilities in order to work through complex issues and meet deadlines;
• Must be able to identify problems, their sources and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
• Must have an interest and ability to serve others as one of the primary functions of their job;
• Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within the HR department and within company as a whole;
• Must be able to confidentially handle sensitive information, including event-related information, personnel information, and potential work issues;
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required
• One (1) year prior administrative support experience, preferably in a sports/entertainment venue environment
• Reliable, punctual, and regular in attendance with exceptional communication skills
• Must have reliable transportation to and from Barclay's Center for scheduled shifts. Parking will not be provided.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Must have the ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment
• Exhibit a courteous, outgoing personality
• Ability to take direction well and work well with others
• Submit to a pre-employment background check, and post-offer drug screening test
• Must maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance that conveys professionalism at all times
• No visible tattoos, facial piercings, unnatural hair colors (i.e. blue, pink, etc.)
• Must be available to work at least three days and evening events per week; including all events on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays
• The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required
A. Travel Requirements: Infrequent Traveler (less than 5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a limited basis.
B. Physical Demands:
a. This position requires the ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
b. Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch and bend throughout the course of daily activities
c. Ability to work in various climates based on the environment
d. Must have the ability to stand or sit in one location for a minimum of four hours at a time
C. Work Environment: The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however is expected to attend all Human Resources functions assigned (payroll distribution, storage room projects, orientations, trainings, meetings, etc). These functions may be outside of the office. Tasks are generally performed with moderate supervision. Employees may be scheduled to work until 11:00pm or later. Employees should always use precautions & follow safety guidelines.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to five the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Barclays Center rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of company facilities. Employees who violate these rules and regulations are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The Barclays Center and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.
Req Create Date:
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
AEG MANAGEMENT BROOKLYN LLC