As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here. As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a Great College to Work For for four consecutive years.
The Human Resources department's mission is to support UW faculty and staff in successfully meeting the goals of the University by providing high quality and responsive human resources support to foster an exceptional work environment that encourages, nurtures and recognizes the professional development of University employees. The department's vision is to create a premier HR organization whose staff members are dedicated to the goal of working together to provide the highest possible quality of services in carrying out its mission.
HR Information Systems has an outstanding full time opportunity for a Human Resources Analyst.
As a member of UWHR's HR Information Systems (HRIS) team, the HR Analyst will function as an analyst, working with HR staff to coordinate unit business functions and triage and monitor progress of work requests. This role will also serve as a primary HRIS client liaison, requiring diplomacy and tact.
Depending on the scope of the projects, this position may provide some or all of the following: overall project management; needs assessment; problem analysis; cost/benefit analysis; technology evaluation; project scheduling and tracking; identification of initial and ongoing training and support requirements; project and service-related documentation; consulting; coordination of activities to support service delivery; and program oversight.
This position requires the ability to independently synthesize business knowledge with technical solutions and produce requirements and system development plans from that analysis for units across HR. They also must have the ability to use current technologies and software (e.g., MS Office Suite including SharePoint, and Visio) to analyze complex information and data sets for project and operational use. This position will work with unit heads and other business owners to identify, develop, and manage solution delivery for their respective areas. This position will also coordinate and manage all the business operations of the HRIS unit. This positions also requires excellent written and oral communications skills, and the ability to manage multiple demanding priorities and competing timelines.
Dimensions and Impact:
This position will also be a key partner in HRIS's coordination, communication, and deliverable management with the HRP program and the Workday integration projects.
* Manage and update information in JIRA (issue and project tracking software) and the RAID log.
* Manage and update information in SharePoint Work Management System
* Coordinate HRIS business operations including but not limited to budget tracking, project tracking, communication and status tracking, and HRIS request tracking.
* Communicate status to HRIS Director, team members, HR leadership, and other stakeholders.
* Gather data from HRIS internal systems and conduct follow up inquiries.
* Maintain User Guides and process documentation for UWHR's internal systems, tools and processes.
* Monitor, assign, and follow up on HRIS work requests coming into HRIS through **** and ****.
* Keep team members on task and monitor the progress of the requests.
* Produce work management reports for the director and other leaders of HR.
* Coordinate, distribute, and track HRIS data requests and public records requests.
Client Relationship Management
* Coordinate with other HR teams and act as a liaison between units, divisions, and other organizations as required to achieve objectives.
* Disseminate regular communications, status updates and work summaries with clients as part of exceptional customer service, ensuring a high touch customer experience
* Provide formal presentations on project proposals, project status, and implementation plans.
* Perform testing on the functionality and accuracy of business processes, etc.
* Partner with Business owners and product analysts to produce training materials for HRIS system users.
* Interpret, translate and respond to unidentified needs and unspoken wants from clients
* Proactively look ahead and plan for clients' needs; triage and prioritize urgent needs
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or Business or related field
2 to 3 years related experience
Excellent interpersonal skills required
Ability to clearly communicate with diverse populations
Project administration experience and reporting required
Experience working in teams required
Working with new technologies and software to gather and report information
Detail-oriented and analytical work
Flexibility to work with and manage multiple competing priorities
Demonstrated maturity, discretion and initiative in carrying out the responsibilities of the position in a confidential manner
Exercise sound judgment and possess exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and oral)
Demonstrated exceptional customer service
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, electronic mail and electronic calendar programs
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
Flowchart software such as MS Visio familiarity highly desired
Experience with executive leadership strongly desired
Successful Team/Project experience
Familiarity working with UW systems
Familiarity working with HRIS systems
Familiarity with AGILE Sprint Management
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select Apply to this position. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your My Jobs page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your My Jobs page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.