Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundaryless. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
The Human Resources Generalist supports the day-to-day operations of the HR Department. Successful incumbent will assist with the management of HR programs, Talent Development and policies & procedures for the business. Responsibilities include: strong positive employee relations, training & development, safety, benefits administration, recruitment & hiring.
Essential Job Functions
* Provides support to all major HR functions such as onboarding, benefits, compensation, and training.
* Uses policies and principles to coordinate HR related projects
* Represent employee advocacy and strong business partner relations
* Develop an employee oriented culture that strives on safety, quality, continuous improvement and productivity
* Work together with employees, supervisors and managers to resolve employee relations issues
* Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures
* Reinforces and advocates for Open Door Policy across the leadership team
* Prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures
* Fosters a consistent, clear, concise communication plan
* Plan and coordinate recruitment strategies. This includes sourcing (internet, job fairs, newspapers, agencies etc.) interviewing, selection, diversity initiatives, background checks, drug testing and manpower planning
* FMLA/Disability administration
* Administers payroll, associate training, and new hire orientation
* Maintains accurate employee information utilizing HRIS system. Prepares reports and metrics as requested.
* Maintains employee files and I-9s; ensures compliance with all laws and SBD policies
* Participates in working groups, councils and committees
Essential Skills & Experience
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience required and 5 years experience in Human Resources in a manufacturing environment
* Current PHR or SHRM-CP desired
* Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong conflict management skills
* Highly skilled in MS Office Suite and HRIS
* Results driven, self-motivated with emphasis on keeping customer and business commitments
* Consistently demonstrates highest level of personal ethical conduct, leads by example with strong values
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact professionally and at multiple levels
* Experience managing and maintaining confidentiality (including treatment of confidential documents)
* Ability to prioritize and meet or exceed deadlines
* Strong customer focus with ability to manage and organize multiple priorities
* Must be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law
When you trace it all the way back, it comes down to three individuals: Frederick Stanley, Duncan Black, and Alonzo Decker. Three passionate individuals who built powerful companies that they were so proud of they put their names on them. Hundreds of years later, we’re proud to continue their legacies and we’re proud to carry their names forward. In 1843, Frederick Stanley started a small shop in New Britain, Connecticut, to manufacture bolts, hinges, and other hardware from wrought iron. With superior quality, consistent innovation, and rigorous operational improvement, Stanley’s company defined excellence, and so did his products. In 1910, S. Duncan Black and Alonzo G. Decker started their shop, similar in size at first, in Baltimore, Maryland. Six years later they changed the world by obtaining the world’s first patent for a portable power tool, and the company they built has been changing the world ever since. Both companies grew in parallel over the ensuing decades, amassing an unparalleled family of brands and products and an even more impressive wealth of industry expertise. In 2010, the two companies combined to form Stanley Black & Decker, to deliver the tools and solutions that industrial companies, professionals, and consumers count on to be successful when it really matters. Just as it was in 1843, our passion for excellence is seen around the world in our disciplined operations, purposeful business growth, and loyal customer relationships.