Job ID: AW20180706-46052
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) Sector Business Development seeks an innovative, high-energy, and passionate candidate to join the team as the Director, Capture Center and Market Intelligence. The Director will report direclty to the Vice President NGIS BD but will also directly support the Vice President NGIS Strategy. The Director will lead market research, collection of customer and competitve intelligence, and develop both detailed and timely analysis and recommendations in direct support of both the strategy and priority opportunities for the sector. The Director will work closely with Strategy and Business Development leads of each of the NGIS divisions to ensure leadership, engagement and support of priority captures. The role involves driving systems thinking into how we deliver a competitive offering and how to apply a disciplined approach into shaping opportunities, with a special emphasis on captures within global and international markets.
This role will combine an understanding of collecting market and competitive intelligence, analyzing and applying intelligence to startegic and tactical objectives, as well as providing independent views and updates over the lifecycle of the opportunity. With this independent view, the role will also support competitive solutioning analysis, competitive posturing and competitive business case analysis and assessments. This role will also act as the practice leader for all competitive analysis efforts within the divisions providing mentoring and guidance as necessary.
The Director will also lead the Strategic Market Intelligence function within the NGIS Strategy to cross share insights and analysis between the market & strategic peer competitive analysis and the target-specific competitive analysis.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Developing and maintaining competitive intelligence as necessary to support priority pursuits across the sector
* Perform Competitor Solutioning analysis while looking at competitive posturing, price gaming and teaming assessments
* Developing competitive assessments and customer perspectives to help inform NGIS' overall bid strategy and pricing approach.
* Conducting trend analyses to better understand customer award tendencies and award to budget trends as associated with competitor views.
* Attending tradeshows, conferences, and relevant events to gather and develop competitive and customer intelligence.
* Developing and maintaining a CA repository and Community of Practice (COP) that is regularly updated and refreshed.
* Creating and developing CA research tools and methodologies, as well as CA procedures and policies.
* Works together with NGIS Strategy, develops market and strategic competitor assessments to drive more insightful intel within our competitor space
* Drives best practices and initiatives that continues to elevate NGIS ability to position effectively to grow business
* Conducting training to ensure that CA research best practices are utilized by relevant personnel.
* Developing CA alerts and creating CA impact assessments.
* Managing and maintaining relevant subscription services.
* Performing and facilitating Strategic, Customer and Competitive Black Hats.
* Facilitating development of bid strategy, position-to-win, price-to-win, teaming, proposal strategies and competitive analysis for both priority captures and new, international/global opportunities.
* Managing and monitoring lessons learned, perform trend analysis of wins and losses based on Lessons learned assessments and ensure lessons are incorporated back into capture process and competitive intelligence.
* Mentoring capture teams in required resourcing, people, processes and tools for successful capture.
* Coordinating and improving Business Acquisition Process (BAP) activities with Division BD leadership, government relations, business management, strategy, and sector leadership.
* Past work experience conducting market and competitive analyses for companies operating in the federal sector (DoD and/or Federal Civilian), commercial markets and international markets.
* Experience with government customer analyses (DoD and Federal Civilian, and International) in both Services, Systems and Products markets.
* Strong business acumen, with ability to understand bid structures and pressure points.
* Top notch research and analysis skills, with past experience conducting in-depth analyses and assessments using both primary and secondary research.
* Bachelor's degree with 15 years' experience in Competitive Assessment and Analysis, Strategy, Business Development and/or Capture Management
* Experience with the broader competitive/business intelligence process (black hats, lessons learned, Price-To-Win).
* Ability to qualify for a Top Secret clearance
* Strong analytical as well as verbal and written communications skills.
* Proven interpersonal skills to lead in a matrixed environment and global marketplace.
* Current TS/SCI clearance preferred.
* MBA or equivalent advanced degree.
* High energy, with a drive to grow and develop NGIS' CA capabilities and overall Competitive/Business Intelligence culture.
* Ability to create an environment of positive change.
* International Business Development related experience
* Ability to connect competitive intelligence through connecting SME and Intel Resources along with Open Source Data
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit ****U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 10 Years
Expertise: Business Development