Human Resources Analyst - Workforce Planner
Falls Church, VA
The DHA is a joint, integrated Combat Support Agency that enables the Army, Navy, and Air Force medical services to provide a medically ready force and ready medical force to Combatant Commands in both peacetime and wartime. The DHA supports the delivery of integrated, affordable, and high quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries and is responsible for driving greater integration of clinical and business processes across the MHS.
The Human Resources Division (HRD) is organized into five Branches: Management Employee & Labor Relations, Policy and Performance Management, Human Resources Operations, Workforce Programming and Analysis, and the Public Health Service. The HRD is aligned under the Directorate of Resources and Management (J-1/8) and works closely with the Manpower and Organizational Design Division in managing the DHA's human capital.
We are seeking a highly motivated human resources specialist to join our team, which is focused on supporting employees and supervisors in multiple locations.
* Leverage expertise in Federal human resources policy, military human resources constructs, and corporate best-practices to resolve a wide range of human capital challenges, as identified by the client, or as needed (develop a business case and seek client approval).
* Apply principles of project management for initiatives. Systematically address problems, mitigate risks, identify and manage stakeholders, collaborate solutions, while balancing quality, quantity, and timeliness in accordance with client expectations and available resources.
* Conduct process improvement, with limited involvement of stakeholders due to time and focus constraints, through DoD-specific workforce expertise.
* Advise HR Analysts and Database Administrators of the contract team in the distinctions of Federal human resources, in order to provide accurate, effective products. As required, conduct HR analytics and develop descriptive statistics, leveraging the CMIS (SAP Business Objects), HRLink (Cognos Connection) and CWIIP (the Corporate Workforce Information Integration Program, a MS Access database of DHA-specific information).
* Support the HRD in crisis planning and contingency support.
* Oversee special projects and emergent requirements
* Manage the Department of Defense Expeditionary Civilian (DoD-EC) program at DHA, providing staffing of concepts, senior leadership awareness and buy-in, and predeployment/deployment support, integrating with finance/comptroller for funding/programing requirements.
* Provide HRD with information and knowledge management and advice, with second tier SharePoint management (developing simple pages and linking to advanced developers), coordinating email distribution lists and shared mailboxes, and share drive management strategies.
* Conduct policy development, to include HR strategy planning, as required.
* Coordinate Onboarding and Offboarding policy by identifying stakeholders and functional requirements during in- and out-processing, developing checklists, and communicating.
* Support certain workforce programs aspects of workforce planning. Integrate with the Manpower and Organization Division (manages current and future requirements) and the Learning and Development Division (manages HR development and training).
* Manage the DHA Exit Survey program, identifying outbound members of the Federal workforce (DHA Federal employees, U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command, U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps Officers, and Service members from the Army, Navy, and Air Force), maintaining and disseminating the exit survey (providing survey development, as needed), maintaining the survey database, conducting analytics to identify trends and challenges through qualitative and quantitative methods, recommending interventions to address issues, and developing briefs to senior leaders.
* Manage the Fourth Estate Personnel Accountability and Assessment System (FEPAAS) to provide awareness of the status of the workforce following a disaster, and facilitate continuity of operations.
* Conduct change management through formal strategies to facilitate buy-in and successful implementation. Author employee communications, as required.
* Maintain the HR Projects and Initiatives Matrix, a schedule and resource management tool, by coordinating with the five branches of HRD and HRD leadership.
* Provide succession planning, developing templates and documenting procedures and considerations for implementation by managers.
* Alternate Database Administrator. In the absence of the Database Administrator, support and repair basic functions of the CWIIP database and provide user training (an MS Access database that integrates Federal Civilian (including CECOM), and PHS personnel information (with the capability for Army, Navy, Air Force, international military, Coast Guard), and provides additional modules for increased HR functionality.
* Manage the Supervisor Toolkit of supervisor information, forms, policies, and procedures. Support the development of the workforce planning portion of the Tier 1 Supervisor Brief to train new supervisors.
* Provide administrative support, as required, to include posting reports, making copies, coordinating meetings.
* M.A. Human Resources Management or Organization Development
* 10 years' experience with DoD HR, including Federal employee and joint military
* 5 years' process improvement
* 5 years' change management
* 3 years; operational military experience, deploying or supporting deployments for contingencies
* Consultation and stakeholder management skills, including concept development
* 15 years' Management and Leadership in high-paced environments, amidst ambiguity and uncertainty. Ability to coordinate between diverse stakeholders (from senior leaders to tactical-level administrators) with competing interests.
* 2 years' experience delivering client services for Federal contracts
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply online at www.cherokee-cnhs.com
Established in 2009, Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services (CNHS) provides medical supplies and a wide range of services, including financial recovery, patient appointing, recruiting, credentialing and placement of clinical, administrative and housekeeping personnel for numerous federal agencies and commercial clients. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNHS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
The Cherokee Nation is the federally recognized government of the Cherokee people and thereby has sovereign status granted by treaty and law. The seat of tribal government is the W.W. Keeler Complex near Tahlequah , Oklahoma , capital of the Cherokee Nation. Please visit http://www.cherokee.org/Government/Default.aspx for more information about Cherokee Nation and affiliates.