Carson City, NV, United States
Oct 21, 2021
Feb 03, 2022
Intern - Human Resources, Business, & Operations
Job ID: 21279
Functional Area: Engineering
Position Type: Part-Time Regular
Experience Required: None
Hours of Work:
Location: US - Nevada - Carson City
Division: PIP - Process & Analytical Instruments
Education Required: Not Indicated
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2016 sales of $4 billion. AMETEK has over 15,000 colleagues at more than 150 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 100 sales and service locations across the United States and in 30 other countries around the world.
Controls Southeast Incorporated (CSI) is part of the Thermal Process Management (TPM) business unit with Ametek. For almost 50 years, CSI has been helping customers solve problems in the chemical, petrochemical, and processing industries with engineered thermal maintenance systems and specialty fabrication.
CSI offers our team a great opportunity to make an impact at an decentralized organization that has a small company feel, but large global company resources. We are passionate about building a winning organization, increasing the knowledge or our teams, and empowering our people and creating long term careers.
As an Intern - Human Resources you will participate in the day to day activities of Human Resources and general operations of the UAI business and be involved in multiple operational and strategic Human Resources, Business, and Operations projects. The Intern - Human Resources, Business, and Operations will support the site with their activities and gain experience in multiple disciplines of Human Resources, Operations, IT, Marketing, Sales, and Others.
Key Responsibilities and Projects the Intern - Human Resources may support:
• Post, update and remove job ads from internal and external job boards, career pages and social networks, recruiting outreach activities with local organizations focused on supporting diversity, support career fairs, campus recruiting.
• Screening applicants resumes to identify suitable candidates to fill vacancies, Organizing interviews with candidates and interview team
• Submitting pre-employment background and drug tests, monitor progress to prevent delays
• Preparing all new hire packets and paperwork
• Partner on local employee engagement activities
Partner on process improvement projects
• Manage local communications to managers & employees
• Assist employees with general HR related questions
• Conversion of process and programs to paperless/online mediums
• Compensation and salary grading projects
• Support with Employee and Leadership Training
• Support Employee Engagement, Stay Interview, and Employee Focus Groups
• Currently pursuing a degree in Human Resources, psychology, business, or related as Junior, Senior, or Masters level.
• Completed coursework on HR Fundamentals including Hiring and Selection and Employment Law.
• Intermediate experience with Excel and SharePoint.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Previous experience working in human resources department preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Website : http://www.ametek.com