Aerotek has an immediate opening for an Employee Relations Specialist at the Indianapolis, IN office.
Reporting to the Employee Relations Manager, the Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for tactically supporting the employee relations function at Aerotek. This includes assisting with the implementation of policies, procedures and training efforts to ensure a work environment free from harassment and discrimination and in compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, including Title VII, ADA, FMLA, ADEA and FLSA. This position is responsible for providing investigation and project management assistance as well as administrative support.
• Support Employee Relations Managers in working with various departments to assure compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory guidelines (e.g. EEO, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, OSHA, NLRB etc.)
• Help foster a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction
• Courteously and promptly answer employee relations related phone calls and emails received from contract or internal employees and clients while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
• Accurately and expediently identify issues that require escalation to ER Manager and/or Senior ER Manager
• Assist with the resolution of employee complaints and grievances through the communication of established policies and procedures
• Monitor organizational employee relations trends that will assist ER Managers in designing proactive strategies to improve employee relations
• Provide administrative and research support to Employee Relations team including writing and preparing responses to governmental agencies
• Work closely with Human Resources Business Partners and other HR stakeholders as necessary
• Assistant in implementing HR compliance training programs (e.g., anti-harassment, anti-discrimination, etc.)
Perform or assist with other duties and projects as assigned
• 2-3 years of experience in Human Resources with some experience in Employee Relations preferred
• Bachelor's degree preferred (
Will consider balance of education and experience)
• Excellent customer service and listening skills
• Outstanding project management skills
• Strong writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Desire to grow in the role and field of Employee Relations
• Ability to prioritize competing deadlines while being detail oriented
Willing to travel for investigation and training purposes
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Indianapolis. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process
Website : http://www.aerotek.com/
Over the past three decades we’ve built an unrivaled culture and our unique, people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contractors. Today we serve virtually every major industry, and we’ve placed exceptional people in hundreds of thousands of roles and positions. Everything we do is grounded in our guiding principles to build and nurture quality relationships that allow us to place quality people in quality jobs. Our mission is as simple today as it was thirty plus years ago: Bringing great people and great organizations together. This drive to connect people and make them successful is what we mean when we say — our people are everything. Since our founding, Aerotek has grown to become one of the top global recruiting and staffing agencies. Check out our company timeline, starting with our humble Baltimore roots in 1983 when our founders started Aerotek to serve the aerospace and defense industries to today as an Allegis Group company, a global leader in talent solutions.