Scope of Position
As part of the Executive Team, the VP of HR plays a vital role in supporting the agency's strategic goals in a highly competitive market. The ideal Vice President of Human Resources will be able to effectively manage the traditional administrative and compliance responsibilities of human resources while also using industry best practices and data driven analytics to proactively solve problems and develop creative initiatives. He or she will form relationships that span the entire agency and develop a human resources team that regards the agency's employees as its customers.
* As part of Executive Team, participate in developing strategic goals and making ongoing recommendations to maximize the Agency's success.
* Develop a strong, effective HR team that is respected and trusted across the agency.
* In collaboration with VP of Quality and Innovation, use data driven reports to assess HR's effectiveness and develop and implement changes based on the results.
* With agency partners, design and implement training programs that mentor new and newly-promoted employees and nurture growth among current employees.
* Recommend, implement and assess effectiveness of employee recognition systems designed to inspire and reinforce desired performance.
* Provide compensation and benefits data, and recommend adjustments to successfully attract and retain high performers.
* Ensure that Human Resources serves as a model for talent development and succession planning for the entire agency.
* Provide proactive guidance and consultation on employee relations issues.
* Recommend performance management tools and processes based on best practices.
* Remain current on regulations, laws, industry trends and best practices, and keep agency compliant by advising management and making timely changes in practices and policies.
* Ensure that data entered by human resources in its HRIS system is timely and accurate, and reconciliations with payroll and other departments occur routinely.
* Develop creative, effective ways to support business needs across locations, programs and departments.
* Provide reports to Board of Directors on key HR issues, and support Chair of Personnel Committee in scheduling meetings, setting agenda and creating minutes.
* Bachelor's degree. Additional certification/training preferred.
* 15 years' experience preferred, including broad HR generalist experience and at least 5 years in management.
* Demonstrated strategic focus as well as commitment to hands-on day-to-day department management.
* Demonstrable experience leading organizational change.
* Track record of developing and implementing a best practice effectively.
* Experience developing, analyzing and problem-solving based on HR Analytics and KPIs.
* Experience handling business and employee crises.
* History of finding creative solutions to attract, motivate and retain top talent.
* Up to date on all state, federal and employment compliance issues.
* Skilled at building collaborative, team-oriented work environments.
* Ability to support multiple work sites.
* Critical thinker with the ability to provide real-time analysis and solutions.
* Outstanding communicator with ability to explain complex information clearly and succinctly and tailor message to audience.
* Curious and creative mind.
* Innovator and challenger of status quo.
* Self-motivated and passionate.
* Skilled user of Excel and Power Point