LOGIN TO SAVE THIS VACANCY
Advertising End Date:
About The Opportunity
What you ll do
The HRBP plays a key role in establishing a customer service culture by driving the effective execution of HR processes and the HR life cycle within their respective location. HRBP is responsible for the planning and delivery of processes for recruitment, orientation & training, talent management, performance management, benefits, policies/processes, compensation, and employee engagement, with the goal of developing a workforce that achieves excellence in driving business results. HRBP is seen as a critical role for the location and reports to the Plant HR Manager to provide a partnership with his/her business leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for development, implementation, administration and operation of high-value quality human resources program, practices and procedures consistent with GKN standards within the business group.
* Build partnerships between managers and leadership team. Seek and share information and use appropriate influence strategies to gain genuine commitment.
* Help to lead the plant HR by driving world class HR strategies and systems around staffing and recruiting, labor relations, training and development, employee engagement and performance management while supporting the plant s vision and values.
* Manage/Support workforce planning initiatives, new employee orientation and create on-boarding programs to foster employee engagement and introduction to the business.
* Participate/Support employee terminations, coach manager appropriately and conduct exit interviews to utilize information gathered to identify and address root causes of turnover.
* Remain abreast of worker's compensation and related labor laws (e.g., FMLA, ADA, etc.) and provide education to local managers/supervisors; coordinate any related situations with third party administrators.
* Ensure that employees understand processes and systems that enable them to be paid in a timely and accurate manner; establish accountabilities that ensure correct information is provided to Shared Services Team for benefits. Manage Payroll and HRIS at location.
* Work with Shared Services, and North America Services (Corporate Benefits) to ensure that new systems and/or processes are fully implemented where applicable.
* Manage employee relations situations at assigned location, conduct investigations as needed and partner with Plant Manager/Supervisors as needed to effectively resolve situations and mitigate risk; identify trends in employee relations cases to address root cause (helping to reduce absenteeism and/or turnover); educate managers on how to handle situations more effectively.
* Support safety and security programs and link to related HR programs where applicable. Work with safety/security resource(s) to identify issues and/or trends and create HR-related responses to address any issues (e.g., enhanced hiring process, focused-training, better on-boarding, progressive discipline, etc.).
* Partner with the HR Manager, HR Director and Director of Compensation to develop/implement a salary plan to ensure location(s) pay competitively, reward higher performers, and address internal equity issues.
* Manage/implement performance management processes within the organization, including employee training and coaching, performance appraisal, personal development planning and talent management.
* Partner with management team at location to identify talent and create targeted development plans; work with Plant Management, HR Director and/or Learning & Development Team to identify development opportunities for high potential employees.
* Actively participate as a key member of the leadership team of the location. Lead by example in terms of behavior, championing GKN values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
* Understands all applicable governmental regulations and advocates compliance requirements. Coach managerial/supervisory staff relative to the interpretation and implementation of relevant HR policies, procedures and programs.
* Ensure HR policies, procedures, and practices are compliant with relevant state, federal and local employment laws.
* Participates as key driver in human resource policy in partnership with HR team and Corporate Attorney. May assist in the formulation of various HR policies and procedures. Reviews and explains HR policies and programs to the organization assigned.
* Viewed as the subject matter expert for human resources at the location
* Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the Quality standard and any other audit findings related to HR (e.g. GRIP, PLC audit, OFCCP ).
* Bachelor s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
* 5 years of experience in Human Resources as a business partner for leadership with a strong focus in employee relations and leadership coaching.
* Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
* SPHR or PHR preferred
* Experience in Manufacturing Environment.
* Ability to conduct employee relations investigations and counsel and strong knowledge of HR law and practices.
* Must be able to leverage business understanding to the HR strategies for the organization.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization, resolve conflict and effectively push back when appropriate.
* Must have excellent listening, consultative and negotiation skills.
* Solid human resources technical skills including, but not limited to employee relations, compensation, talent selection and development, performance management and organization assessment/design.
* Demonstrated ability to create a value-added partnership between HR and the business.
* Team player who is willing to adapt to and evolve with the changing needs of the business.
* Proficiency in MS Office and experience with HRIS systems.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
* Good judgment, decision making and problem-solving skills.
* Advanced knowledge experience with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to employment (for example, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, EEOC Uniform Guidelines).
* Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively, and keep issues confidential is critical to this position.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world s automotive manufacturers.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in
GKN Aerospace is a First Tier supplier to the global aviation industry, working on every major fixed and rotary-wing aerospace platform. A leader in composite and metallic technologies, our business is equally focused on military and civil markets. Substantial investment ensures GKN Aerospace is at the forefront of technology. Partnering with the world’s major platforms and engine OEMs, we deliver competitive advantage through advanced design and manufacturing that provides best value and enhanced performance: advantages which retain our position as a world leader in aerostructures, engine products, nacelles and transparencies. All products are backed by GKN Aerospace’s comprehensive, agile and responsive aftermarket services. As a global aerospace provider with over 10,000 employees, including over 1,000 design engineers delivering exceptional engineering services, GKN Aerospace offers a unique ‘follow-the-sun’ capability: we work with customers to meet their requirements on a 24/7 basis to ensure challenging program timescales are met.