Job Title: Employee Relations Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA Indianapolis, IN
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for family) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Employee Success is made up of HR professionals, Recruiters, Operations, and Coordinators that come together to continue to build out Salesforce. In Employee Success, we strive to bring on top talent and continue to build out our organization with the Aloha style treatment. Whether we are recruiting the next great candidate, refining our operations, we strive to provide the royal treatment and continue to build a great organization.
The Employee Relations Manager provides Employee Relations and Performance Management expertise, case management and consultation, within a centralized, Employee Relations (ER) function, for US and Canada. Develops, leverages common consistent practices and processes to ensure fair and consistent treatment /approach across Americas clients. Handles complex, high-risk or sensitive employee relations cases. Reports to the Director, Employee Relations.
- Provide expertise and case management of ER issues, including Performance Management, from initial intake to resolution, received from HR call center, managers, HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and other employees, for assigned business(es).
- Provide expertise, consultation, guidance and coaching to managers and HRBPs to address employee behavior and performance concerns; provide guidance and assist with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or corrective/disciplinary actions, and which aligns with company approach, practices, and processes.
- Conduct HR investigations to include: gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws, policies and past practice to reach conclusions, and recommend management actions. Partners with internal Employment Attorneys, Internal Audit, and other internal investigative bodies, as necessary.
- Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, employment law, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for ER inquiries.
- May serve as facilitator and apply interventions to resolve low risk employee disagreements, conflicts, or misunderstandings if needed.
- Collaborate and partner with HRBPs, internal Employment Attorneys, HR partners, and Employee Success Shared Services organizations to achieve high quality, seamless HR support, and represent as “1 HR” to the business.
- Maintain required documentation, including intake and investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports.
- Track, report and analyze case trends utilizing #djc, a Salesforce technology-based case management system.
- Manage or participate on special projects/programs requiring ER stakeholder input, as needed.
- Evangelist of continued adoption of the centralized ER model.
- Broad HR Generalist knowledge and experience, minimum 5-7+ years of experience, 2-3 years direct ER experience.
- Experience in working in a centralized ER model.
- Ability to build, develop and implement and engage in new service delivery approaches; possibly different from the status quo.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully within ambiguity, multiple priorities and a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to operate/advise in the gray areas. Adept understanding of client motivations and business pain points; leverages inputs to influence business decisions.
- Creates and executes influence strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action that will advance shared interest and business goals.
- Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment, preferably in a high growth technology company.
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, practices, procedures and business plan; receives general oversight and direction from ER Director.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve delivery of services.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance on day-to-day work and deliverables.
- May provide coaching and guidance to more junior ER Consultants. *LI-Y
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.