HCA Holdings, Inc
Kansas City, MO, United States
Healthcare, Hr, Manager
People. Performance. Possibilities. * These words describe the focus of our Human Resources Group here atHCA*, a Fortune 100 company with over 200,000 employees in 20 states and the UK. Our HR team of over 1400 can provide a broad range of HR career paths within one organization. Come join our team to help support our mission/“Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”/
/“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”/
Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, our organization is comprised of three campuses that embody the heart of the HCA Midwest Health system. Our campuses include Research Medical Center, Research Medical Center Brookside Campus, and Research Psychiatric Center. Research College of Nursing is another important member of our organization.
Research Medical Center and it's campuses are recognized as a healthcare leaders in our region as a result of our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors, nurses and ancillary staff. With over 700 doctors representing 29 medical specialties—including women's services offering obstetrics and fertility, an emergency room and trauma center, a stroke center, a walk-in clinic, orthopedics and behavioral health —we ensure that our patients’ needs are always met and that their expectations are continually exceeded at our Kansas City health clinics.
As a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) you will be responsible for the following under the direction of the VP, HR:
_Implement Business and HR strategy and programs_
* Engage designated leaders to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies.
* Implement HCA-wide and LOB or location-specific HR initiatives.
* If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations strategy (i.e., grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations).
_Advise leaders on people issues_
* Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate initiatives.
* Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
* Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools.
_Deploy development programs_
* Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
* Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning.
_Support Employee & Community engagement_
* Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable).
* Prepare/coordinate events e.g. holiday celebrations, employee recognition events, service awards, community support.
* Coordinate and facilitate employee activity groups and other employee teams (peer reviews).
* Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility “temperature” through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers.
* Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve employee conflicts.
_Implement business performance, quality and patient care initiatives_
* Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.) and create an environment of compliance/excellence.
* Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers.
* Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
* Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance.
* Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate.
* Support measurement of productivity and addressing of productivity issues.
* Implement emergency response plans with appropriate leaders.
_Execute HR operational excellence_
* Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses
* Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
* Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level.
* Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
* Perform worker’s comp intake processing; support applicable employee leave of absence/return to work administration at facility level (advising employees on process, completing necessary onsite paperwork, etc.).
* Facilitate local interview process for hiring. Develop and deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs.
* Support effective leader and employee communications.
* Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR policies and processes.
* 3 years of Human Resources experience (change management, engagement, retention, succession planning, etc.).
* Employee Relations experience (anticipate, identify and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues - corrective actions, disciplinary discussions, etc.)
* Healthcare and/or hospital experience preferred.
* Bachelors degree required.
* Decoding customer expectations
* Earning trust through results
* Influencing/relating to others
* Improving through self-awareness
* Improving our human capital through workforce planning and analytics
* Developing talent
* Driving performance
* Improving utility of HR operations
* Leveraging social media tools
* Connecting people through technology
* Sustaining change
* Capitalizing on organizational capability
* Aligning strategy, culture, practices & behavior
* Creating a meaningful work environment
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k, paid time off medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Job: *HR & Payroll
Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26561-5084
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.