Advertising End Date:
About The Opportunity
What youll do
Under general supervision, responsible for performing avariety of duties including employment/recruitment, compensation/benefitsadministration, EEO/Affirmative Action administration, HRIS administration, andemployee relations.
1. Performs employment/recruitment function for hourlyand salaried workforce including:
a. advertising, applicant screening, managing theinterview process, checking references, extending offers, coordinatingpre-employment physicals, applicant flow records, affirmative action recordkeeping
b. maintaining ongoing contact with outreach (minority groupsagencies) within the local community
c. recruitment reporting and any other related duties to ensurefulfillment of employment needs in a cost effective and timely manner.
d. maintaining company employee data base,applicant flow records, including data to be used for affirmative actionrecords.
2. Annuallyrevises the companys Affirmative Action Plan, coordinating content with all levelsof management, including the analysis of data and establishment of annualgoals. Provides quarterly updates to Directors. Coordinates governmentagency audit of Affirmative Action Plan.
3. Scheduleand conducts Company On-Boarding Program.
4. Coordinates internal promotions and transfers of employeesincluding administration of posting program.
1. Administersemployee benefits programs such as retirement and healthcare plans; term life insuranceplans and temporary disability programs.
2. Conducts employee meetings and benefitseminars and arranges for enrollment of employees in plans.
1. Advises on appropriate salary offers to applicants based onqualifications, relative salaries in the plant, job market, and salaryguidelines.
2. Reviews all personnel change forms for completenessand timeliness, including verification of coding, salary grades and titles,proper authorization of and conformance to salary administration guidelines andsound salary administration practices.
1) Conductinvestigations into formal and informal employee complaints. Prepare written responsesor claims received from outside parties.
2) Administer the Companys human relationspolicies and procedures in a manner that provides fair and equitable treatmentfor all employees while ensuring optimum productivity and resource utilization.
3) Utilize reporting tools to gather data and generate reports from multipleHR systems for key talent metrics and analysis; prepare charts and reports todisplay data and analysis in a visually compelling manner. Author an executivesummary of data results for monthly reports.
4) Key contact to provide assistance with HR applications, implementations,upgrades, and user training. Maintain the HR in-house management documentsystem (includes maintaining restrictions, discipline while trouble shootingfor managers and work with IT on improvements).
5) Conduct periodic, comprehensive audits and analysis of employee data, ensuring data integrity and making appropriate corrections/updateswhen necessary.
6) Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelorsdegree in Business or related field and/or combination of 5 years equivalent experiencein lieu of degree
* Minimumof three years Human Resources experience, with emphasis in recruitment, manufacturingexperience preferred.
* HumanResources Internship will also be considered as experience.
* U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with exportcompliance and site SSA requirements
* Abilityto interact with our diverse work force from general labor positions to our topsenior management.
* ExcellentPC skills with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the worlds leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the worlds leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the worlds aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the worlds advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?