We are looking for an energetic professional to partner across the enterprise as a HR Generalist a role focused on supporting and engaging our most important asset. The HRG role, is key to our People team, providing support for a wide variety of activities including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, accommodations, worker’s compensation and the tracking of HR metrics to support business decisions. They must be effective at formulating strong partnerships across the People function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The Business Partner serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. A successful HR Business Partner will act as an employee champion and change agent. The HRG's assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our People department and business management, and develops and implements integrated solutions. They are expected to maintain an effective level of business literacy about MOD’s goals and objectives, our culture, and our competition.
- Act as key contact for employees in assigned client groups regarding general HR questions, performance management, employee relations issues, and management coaching
- Manage routine to complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations and partners with leadership to recommend appropriate action to resolve the issues
- Administer accommodations and worker’s compensation programs and policies for client groups, in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws and under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership and the legal department.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner with legal department as needed/required
- Collaborate with other areas of HR on the implementation and roll out of plans, programs and policies
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Research, analyze and respond to employee/manager questions and/or issues regarding HR policies and processes
- Help to identify training needs for the business, partner in implementation and participate in evaluation and monitoring of success
- Complete other projects as assigned by the People leadership, or as needs are recognized
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in HR or Business, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant HR generalist/business partner experience in dynamic, fast-paced organizations
- Extensive experience in employee relations, performance management, and federal and state employment laws (ie: EEO, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, HIPPA, OSHA, etc.)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with tact and diplomacy
- Well organized, plans effectively and prioritizes time according to what matters most
- Dependable and can be counted upon to meet deadlines and commitments
Strong consulting and communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong interviewing/fact finding and decision making skills
- Strong conflict management skills with demonstrated understanding of interpersonal relationship building
- Proven success at developing strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- A positive upbeat personality who focuses on opportunities rather than obstacles
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus
- Demonstrated competence in other human resource disciplines with including compensation, change management, talent management, organizational diagnosis and planning, and diversity is a plus
- Relevant industry experience a plus
- Experience rolling out new programs, systems or policies
Office work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.
How To Apply:
If you meet the minimum requirements, for immediate consideration, please respond to this posting with an updated Resume.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 3
Education Required: Bachelors