Long Island City, NY, United States
Hr, Manager, Executive
About Madewell: Madewell’s vision is to be the top premium denim authority, a leader in digital and omnichannel retail, a community that fosters inclusivity and loyalty, and a leader in sustainability in the apparel industry. The brand leads the denim industry on innovation, fit, and quality -- from fabric technology to unparalleled fit experts and premium denim mill partnerships it all comes together with the latest in trend and styling advice through in-house experts. Together the team creates a community that fosters inclusivity and loyalty through its Madewell Insider program and pioneers digital and omnichannel innovation – turning its customers into advocates. By being a citizen of the world and embracing the concept of “do well” they generate customer “Love.”
Overview: In partnership with the SVP Human Resources, the Human Resources Director will oversee Madewell’s people strategy including performance management, cultural initiatives, associate relations and major annual HR processes such as performance reviews.
Reports to: SVP Human Resources
* Develop deep relationships and build trust with key stakeholders and business leaders to provide thought leadership on people-related strategies
* Promote a culture of feedback and open communication, reinforcing our mission and core values
* Guide and coach employees on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex people issues (e.g., performance management, rewards and recognition, conflict management, etc.)
* Autonomously lead the design, implementation, and iteration of new people programs, as well as assess and improve current programs
* Engage on issues of organizational design, process, and workflows in order to help teams operate more effectively and reach peak efficiency
* Utilize people metrics to drive key insights and decisions around engagement and retention
* Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and memorable candidate experience
* Partner with legal to ensure that all associate relations issues are handled appropriately
* 8+ years experience in a high-growth, fast-paced environment creating, scaling and implementing HR policies and programs
* A passion for the brand!
* Significant experience with performance management and associate relations
* Proven experience in organizational development, management training and employee coaching
* Excellent project management skills, with an ability to design and implement people strategies that align and drive business results
* Understanding of local and national employment laws and regulations
* Comfort with high-volume work and not being afraid to jump into sticky situations
* A track record of influencing and advising executive leadership on talent and employment matters
* Prior experience managing direct reports, mentoring and developing HR talent
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
Website : https://www.jcrew.com/