The Employee Resource Center (ERC) provides HR assistance to Amazon employees, in the form of accurate, consistent, and timely responses to inquiries from various contact channels - phone, web case and chat. The ERC primarily exists to connect employees with content and data not available through intuitive self-service, and to intake process defects and workflow these to relevant resolution teams. The ERC team is comprised of approximately 650 regular and 500 seasonal associates supporting Amazon employees in 49 countries and 14 languages. ERC associates are located in eight locations globally.
Our ERC Workforce Management (WFM) program is focused on achieving and maintaining optimal operational efficiency. In simple terms, this function ensures that the right ERC associates with the right skill sets are staffed at the right time - globally 24x7x365. Effectively managing this function will result in lower operational costs and deliver a superior customer experience.
Amazon's HR ERC is looking for a Senior Leader - ERC Capacity Planning and Workforce Management with strong analytical, organizational and communication skills to help scale the business. This person will be responsible for managing a global team that develops and implements ERC contact center staffing, optimization models and workflow models for headcount planning. He/She will also be managing capacity planning, workflow operations, scheduling of associates, service level goals and routing of all customer contacts globally. Strong initiative, team leadership, project management and quantitative skills are imperative, as well as the ability to lead and grow talent.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Drive the strategic direction of capacity planning (long-term) and workforce management (short-term), staff solutions strategy, and geographic diversification
• Create best capacity plan and set staffing targets for our business by managing trade-offs between Customer Experience/Service Levels, Employee Experience, Operational Flexibility, and Cost Effectiveness
• Mitigate capacity risks by managing dependencies across multiple operating units and sites. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track expectations
• Manage the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of contact center performance via Key Performance Indicators
• Key Influencer/Business Owner for telephony, capacity planning, and workforce management decision support systems capabilities. Provides input and thought leadership on new tool capabilities and enhancements
• Support local site management and workflow teams to optimize staffing requirements.
• Manage SLA through contact routing and monitoring systems
• Analyze drivers of significant forecast misses to continuously improve forecasting
• Manage a team of Workflow Analysts and Managers
• Assess available technology to support our global workforce management and capacity planning needs
Functional Responsibilities include:
• Ambiguity: High degree of uncertainty in both problem definition and solution approach. Delivers with complete independence.
• Scope of Influence: Ability to build consensus on data, metrics, and analysis to drive business and system strategy. Influences Director/VP and ERC/HR community. Significant role developing others.
• Technical Complexity: High degree of difficulty and rigor involved in the analysis, modelling, system design, and development of work force solutions. Ability to handle complexity when problems involve multiple systems, teams, or processes. Ability to identify and implement robust, efficient, scalable solutions.
• Impact: Delivers artifacts that drive decision making on critical staffing levels, service levels, and expenses.
• Execution: Initiates the design, development, and implementation of analysis projects that optimize staffing, scheduling, shifts. Applies analytical principles/concepts to problems. Makes informed trade-offs to deliver results.
• Knowledge: Knowledge of contact/call center domains. Skillset to apply analytical principles, tools, and techniques.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS .
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Economics, and/or Business or equivalent experience
• 7 years' hands-on experience leading operational forecasting, staffing, and scheduling for a multi location operation
• Ability to build complex models using various statistical tools for optimization and then communicating plans or risks clearly.
• Advanced experience in analysis, planning, data analysis, and reporting.
• Fluency in Microsoft Excel.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Previous Workforce Management experience strongly preferred as well as experience with business intelligence and analytics
• Expert in Microsoft Excel required; SQL is a big plus. Some programming experience is a plus
• Operational experience in a high volume call and/or technical support environment
• Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a quantitative field.
• Detailed understanding of forecasting and presenting financial and non-financial data
• Experience working with senior managers in automating and implementing new systems and processes
• High level of dedication, enthusiasm, motivation, and persuasive ability in a team and cross-functional environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.