Goodwill Industries of Central Texas
Austin, TX, United States
Area Project Manager Goodwill Staffing Group
Contracts Operations Manager
Established in 1958 Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development one of the largest employers in our region and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores comprehensive business and staffing solutions service contracts and generous community support. Our ten-year vision is to transform the lives of 100000 Central Texans through work.
Work. Empower. Transform.
Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives.
This position is responsible for successfully managing contract. Directs and coordinates activities of multiple sites to meet contract specifications. *Exempt from overtime. May perform duties of absent site manager and Lead Custodians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure contractual compliance through surveillance and hands on audits and inspections at multiple remote sites.
2. Responsible for performance of work completed by all employees supported employees service recipients supervisors and Lead Custodians at assigned contract sites.
3. Communicate effectively with building managers supervisors lead custodians and employees; take immediate corrective action to address concerns.
4. Facilitate continuous improvement strategies while developing work procedures and implementing Quality control plans for multiple remote sites with support from Operations Manager
5. Develop/maintain processes and procedures that ensure the safety of our employees.
6. Coach train mentor and provide technical support to customers site supervisors and Lead custodians.
7. Submit supply orders and manage inventory levels at assigned contract sites.
8. Ensure all staff members are reporting to work dressed professionally and motivated to perform daily duties.
9. Display the highest ethical standards when making decisions related to our people and business.
10. Represent the organization in the community in a positive manner.
11. Meet departmental balanced scorecard metrics.
12. Meets Yearly Mandatory Training requirements for this position.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position has supervisory responsibilities over Custodian Team Leads Custodian Floor Technicians and Custodians.
1. Minimum of two (2) years prior management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. High school graduate.
3. Ability to verbally communicate with others.
4. Willingness to delegate authority when needed.
5. Attends and participates actively in all departmental meetings with open and direct communication.
6. Protect and monitor our capital equipment.
7. Coordinate and physically direct job startups as well as job closures.
8. Enhances safety program by following all federal state and agency safety requirements; Ensure staff wears safety equipment; follows the use of chemicals and equipment according to the manufacturer’s directions; attends required training.
9. Requires valid driver’s license.
10. Requires clean criminal background absent of felonies.
1. Some college experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$18.00/hour depending on experience and qualifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex sexual orientation gender identity religion national origin disability veteran status age marital status pregnancy genetic information or other legally protected status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Goodwill Industries of Central Texas
Website : https://www.goodwillcentraltexas.org
For almost six decades, Goodwill Central Texas has relentlessly focused on a single goal: empowering people to work. The extremely high levels of unemployment among segments of our community are unacceptable, specifically for those people who have disabilities, lack education, have criminal backgrounds, or are facing homelessness. We believe everyone matters, and that advancing business and valuing our earth leads to stronger communities where individuals and families thrive. More than 100,000 Central Texans are unable to find stable employment on their own. Our education and job training, retail stores and business services, and community partnerships enable us do whatever it takes to transform lives through the power of work. Our Culture Goodwill Central Texas is distinguished through its fully inclusive culture. We maintain a positive and open work environment. Culture starts with a value system, and supporting these values through action is the ultimate challenge. Goodwill embraces an important concept called ‘servant leadership.’ Through this approach, the leaders of our organization are actually at the bottom of an inverted organizational chart. It is their primary duty to serve, coach and enable employees to succeed. Although leaders may set the standards, it is up to them to continue to nurture them. We are often mentally, if not physically, somewhere else as we move to the next crisis. “Being” is a challenge most of us do not meet when interacting with one another. To quote author James A. Autry, “there are five ways of being” that must be fulfilled if one is to embrace this approach—they are not easy.