Human Resources Generalist
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
$22 to $28 Hourly
401K, Dental, Life, Medical
Why Work Here?
“Innovative Mental Health Facility Provider”
Psynergy is looking for a full-time Human Resources Generalist to work in its Morgan Hill corporate office. This is a Mon – Fri, 8a – 5p position, with medical and dental benefits, a 401k plan, and a generous paid time off accrual. Two years of Human Resources experience is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but year for year of relevant experience may be substituted for a degree. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office. All new hires must be able to pass a criminal background check and complete first aid and CPR training. This position pays $22 - $28 per hour, depending on experience.
The HR Generalist performs a variety of skilled human resources duties for the entire corporation, including, but not limited to, recruitment, new hire orientation, benefits administration and leaves of absence tracking.
Please respond with your resume, a cover letter and your salary requirements. If you are selected to move forward in our process we will contact you. Please no phone calls. Visit our web site for additional information on our company at: ****The Position:
Under general supervision, serves as support person for the Sr. Human Resources Manager. Performs Human Resources duties supporting Psynergy employees.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Place and manage recruitment advertising.
· Track applicants and collect resumes; ensure applicant database is accurate and complete.
· Vet appropriate resumes based on job requisition and job description.
· Route resumes to various department managers
· Set up interview schedules and make interview packets.
· Follow up with candidates and hiring manager after interviews.
· Obtain necessary paperwork from candidates.
· Perform candidate reference checks.
On-boarding and Orientation:
· Initial point person for IT Issues re: employee access/email setup/online training.
· Set up employee desks, coordinating with IT re: computer needs.
· Administer paperwork to new employees and contractors.
· Conduct office tours and staff introductions.
· Orient/train new hires on time tracking procedures, online training
· Conduct benefit orientations with eligible employees and collect appropriate paperwork.
· Answer employee benefits questions.
· Assist with open enrollment.
· May update vendor databases with
Human Resources Support:
· In collaboration with supervisor, update and administer corporate employment policies.
· Keep employee files organized and up-to-date.
· Assist with administering leaves of absence.
· Track training assignations for completion; monitor retraining needs.
· Perform employee separation tasks including: ordering the final paycheck, creating exit paperwork, and conducting termination with employee.
· Compose letters, memos and other written communications on routine matters.
· Back up for supervisor on employee relations issues.
· Update necessary spreadsheets, and phone lists with employee information.
· Assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, binding
faxing, filing and collating as related to Human Resources.
· Assist with corporate celebrations and employee events.
· Attend and participate in staff program and facility training as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Able to exercise absolute confidentiality and use discretion.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Promotes a professional image and positive attitude in all interactions with the staff and applicants.
· Superior editing skills to include solid grasp of grammar and spelling.
· Above average knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and database software.
· Highly organized and efficient; manages time well.
· An Associate’s degree is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 2 years of human resources experience is required. Education may be substituted with additional year for year progressively responsible human resources experience.
· PHR certification is a plus.
· Must be able to receive criminal record clearance as required by Title XXII, licensing regulations. This includes FBI and DOJ clearance.
· A health screening, by or under the direction of a physician must have been performed not more than one year prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment. Health screening must include TB clearance not more than one year prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
· Must have a “valid” standard first aid card and CPR card from an accredited institution.
Psynergy manages high-end adult mental health residential facilities that provide housing options for individuals who desire a home-like setting coupled with care and supervision. Our atmosphere celebrates hope, promotes personal growth and builds social networks. We have three locations: Morgan Hill, Greenfield, and Sacramento.
We believe that together, we can achieve more. The prospect of community integration for individuals experiencing mental distress can be a reality – we offer a New Vision of community life. We are committed to creating innovative options for individuals to move out of locked settings and into successful community living.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.