Gaylord, MI, United States
Performs the payroll administration functions for a facility.
* Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent, college level courses in accounting or business preferred.
* Experience: Two years experience in payroll or human resources.
* Process payroll in adherence with federal/state/facility/regional pay guidelines.
* Ensures that pay practices are documented, pay rates and programs are monitored and that merit increases are timely.
* Coordinates PIB (pay-in-lieu of benefits) process, including verifying that employees do not elect PIB when enrolled in any other benefit plans (excluding the retirement savings plans).
* Posts state and federal posters required by law in appropriate locations.
* Ensures that the HRIS contains correct employee information including; social security number, job title and FLSA status.
* Reviews employee time and attendance reports for accuracy and completeness, and makes corrections as necessary.
* Serves as a back up to the SDC to ensure WOTC compliance and backup to Human Resources Coordinator as needed.
* Performs other tasks as assigned.
* Knowledge of computerized payroll and bookkeeping systems.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
* Skilled in the use of computers and the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
* Ability to be accurate, concise and detail oriented.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Website : http://www.stormontvail.org/
The second oldest hospital in Kansas, Stormont-Vail Regional Health Center is the product of a merger between Christ's Hospital (founded in 1884) and the Jane C. Stormont Hospital and Training School for Nurses (1894). It has grown from a four-story hospital to a 586-bed acute care referral center for northeast Kansas. In the last generation, the health center has continued to serve the community while keeping pace with rapid changes in the health care field. Today, Stormont-Vail provides services not only for hospitalized patients, but for the growing number of outpatients. These services range from the county's most specialized level of infant care to a variety of older adult services. Our Medical Imaging Services include computerized tomography, diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, and ultrasound. The health center is serviced by an in-house pharmacy 24-hours a day and offers extensive pathology and clinical laboratory services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Stormont-Vail provides programs and seminars on health-related topics for the community. Health Connections at Stormont-Vail, (785) 354-5225, provides a link to those programs as well as offers a health information library about general health care topics.