Human Resources Manager- Corporate Office','180001AT','!*!Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
General Summary This position is responsible for administering recruiting, employee relations, benefits, compensation, training and development and talent management (for assigned corporate departments) to maximize employee engagement and ensure alignment with the company’s Human Resources objectives.Essential Job Accountabilities 1. Lead the HR functions by consulting, guiding and educating management, and employees, on best HR practices to ensure increased commitment in attaining the company’s strategic objectives 2. Develop and execute recruiting strategies (including college recruitment) to ensure hiring needs for assigned department's are met
3. Guide, train, and coach employees, and managers, on performance management and development to identify and reward employee success, provide advancement opportunities and establish a high performance culture
4. Lead assigned management teams in identifying and developing the talent (succession planning) that will provide a competitive skill advantage and ensure that current and future business needs are met
5. Communicate and educate on various HR policies/ procedures, new program rollouts, leave administration, EEO, etc. to ensure understanding, compliance, accurate processing and reporting
6. Coach and train managers on HR practices and procedures regarding employee relations including, but not limited to; corrective performance coaching, coordinating the Employee Dispute Resolution Program, conducting internal investigations, recommending solutions regarding complaints and overseeing/assisting in terminations to ensure compliance with company policy, minimize litigation and protect the interests of employees 7. Partner with HR management on the updating and/or development of HR programs, processes, policies, etc. to ensure they strengthen the company's competitive advantage and recognition as an Employer of Choice','!*!Education • Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, organization development or similar area of study required • HR certification desired
Work Experience • 5 years of increasingly responsible HR generalist experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities • Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times • Strong problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges with consistent follow through • Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information and convey concepts, ideas and information to all levels of employees
• Ability to set priorities, organize work and work in high production environment while responding quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities and tight timelines/deadlines • Strong consultative and communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, management and external customers • Attention to detail/accuracy, quick learner and internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
• Team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment • Strong MS Office Suite skills and the ability to learn new software quickly. Prior SharePoint and/or Taleo (HCM) experience a plus
Additional Requirements/Skills • Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment • Ability and willingness to abide by the company’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis • Valid driver’s license and ability to drive • Occasionally travel may be required
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries (Granite) will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.','Human Resources','US-CA-Watsonville','','Full-time','Human Resources Manager- Corporate Office