Arizona Public Service
Palo Verde Support Services III (Organizational Effectiveness)
The Support Services III performs advanced support duties and activities by providing records/information management support, administrative/clerical support and technical publications support to various departments and units at Palo Verde. Additionally, incumbent is proficient in Microsoft Office Products and integrating other standard software applications.
High school/GED plus five (5) years' experience in administrative positions. Four (4) years' experience using word processing, spreadsheet, presentations and electronic mail software programs to create memos/letters/reports with tables/tabulations/merged data; update/create spreadsheets with formulas; and update/create presentation with graphics. Experience using publishing tools with knowledge pertaining to the desktop operating systems and critical attributes used in PDF files for validating the properties to support long term archival rules for records. Ability to use Microsoft office products/programs at the advanced level.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVGS employees.
Any PVGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
1) Initiates error free correspondence; composes responses; reviews and interprets incoming correspondence.
2) Creates and prepares correspondence, special reports, expense reports, schedules, presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, mailings and check requests ensuring error free completion in a timely manner. Prepares agendas and collects materials from a spectrum of internal and external sources for meetings, speeches and conferences.
3) Assists with sensitive and confidential research by handling projects and materials with the highest level of discretion and confidentially.
4) Tracks projects and programs associated with senior management administrative support which may include accurately producing a variety of reports and presentations using the appropriate software for word processing, graphics and spreadsheets, preparing and updating functionally related reports and records, conducting or participating in special projects.
5) Plans, schedules and coordinates activities associated with INPO evaluations, self-assessments, benchmarking visits and distinguished visitors.
6) Collects data from a wide variety of sources and prepares a wide variety of reports involving judgment and analysis. (Analysis involves investigating, researching and resolving discrepancies.) Recommends appropriate actions to review extent of condition and utilization of the Corrective Action Program. Generates, extrapolates, organizes, edits, formats, interprets, improvises, evaluates, composes, consolidates and summaries data and information to produce reports, slides, charts, timelines, flow charts and similar presentations.
7) Works with other departments to identify, plan and implement process simplifications and workflow solutions that will maximize organization effectiveness through the use of technology.
8) Provides guidance regularly to others by giving orientation, direction and training.
9) Provides technical support in troubleshooting/resolving software/hardware failure issues related to the software/hardware used by the department.
10) Completes all work in compliance with all applicable federal, state and regulatory agency laws and policies, internal operating policies and procedures and audit standards. Monitors site changes for impact on department.
11) May serve as computer systems administrator, user support or by maintaining user and document profiles, security tables, etc. Performs software and data integrity maintenance and systems and database troubleshooting and problem resolution. Assists in validating and execution of all levels of testing.
12) Creates and maintains queries and department databases. Utilizes software and various computerized systems to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations. Integrates use of SWMS, MLIS, Microsoft Office Products, Business Objects, Visio, Share Point, FrameMaker, etc. to prepare customized reports.
13) Executes the implementation of specialized company programs/services/projects or processes to support functions of a department which may involve multiple processes, various internal and external contacts, document preparation and organization of the activities of visitors/groups/locations to achieve project objectives.
14) Proficient in knowledge and use of nuclear-specific software applications and systems including but not limited to CAP, SWMS, MLIS, P-6, etc.
15) Responsible for testing, ERO duty, outage fire watch and foreign material exclusion duty and other outage roles as necessary.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, U.S. Export Control Laws). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Pinnacle West) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
400 North 5th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004 (see application details) (see application details)
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.
Arizona Public Service
Website : http://www.aps.com
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. As the parent company of APS, Pinnacle West's site hosts additional information, including our Code of Ethics for Financial Executives and other corporate governance information. Find jobs, information about Pinnacle West and APS officers and investor information.