Penske Dedicated Logistics Corporation
Reading, PA, United States
Executive, Hr, Manager, Operations, Transportation, Logistics
Field Human Resources Director - East Region (Supply Chain / Logistics)','1815442','!*!
Penske's supply chain professionals are committed to meeting the most complex requirements of our customers. Whatever the business, whatever a customer is building, packing and sending – we make sure they’ve got top-notch transportation and distribution in place to capitalize on a customer’s potential so they Never Stop Moving™. Penske Logistics brings industry knowledge, advanced systems and technical prowess to design and implement the most advanced supply chain solutions in use today.
If you are passionately personal, dedicated to excellence and an innovative thinker who wants to collaborate with senior and executive leadership to create and lead human capital strategies that drive business results, this role could be a great fit for you. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
This position is a key member of the HR Leadership and Field Operation teams, and will have responsibility for the planning and execution of the business’s human capital management strategy including all aspects of talent management, associate and labor relations, risk management (absence management, wage and hour, EEO, etc.) staffing, associate engagement and diversity and inclusion.
Working closely with the Sr. Vice President of Operations, the position will require a strategic business partner approach to ensuring that we have competent associates in the right jobs, appropriate staffing levels, and strong benches to ensure sustained business success. The successful candidate will collaborate and work closely with their peer HR Directors to ensure consistency throughout our HR practices in North America. This position requires productive communication and collaboration with Corporate HR partners. The HR Director will lead projects that have enterprise wide impact.
- Strategic HR: Provide Sr. Vice President of Operations with analysis and human capital strategy designed to drive business results. Acts as HR’s primary contact with the SVP for HR matters within the Region. Provides pro-active consultation to the SVP on all HR matters.
- Analytics: Regularly analyzes data from a human capital management perspective. Provides regional staff with relevant and meaningful HR metrics and analytics, using proprietary and commercially available tools to enable Operations to fully leverage human capital to drive business outcomes. Uses analytics to recommend changes for the business that drive continuous improvement.
- People Management: Hires, coaches, develops, and directs three (3) Area HR Managers in a matrixed reporting relationship with their Area Vice President of Operations.
- Change Management: Drives organizational change according to the business’s human capital management strategy. Ensures execution of that strategy through the Area teams. Removes barriers to HR Managers’ focus, goals and objectives, and helps Area HR Managers to prioritize.
- Associate Engagement: Manages Associate Opinion Survey activities for the region, ensuring that Area HR Managers are driving results at the local level. Takes periodic pulse checks when visiting locations.
- Associate Development and Talent Management: Leads region management staff development, leveraging internal and external training tools, including mentorship for high potential managers. Leads efforts around succession planning and development with a goal to building our bench, ensures that leaders are accurately represented in succession plans and that managers are using our succession planning and development planning tools effectively. - Staffing: Facilitates and ensures the execution of detailed Area and Region staffing plans. Works closely with the Director of Staffing and is the point of escalation for Field HR with respect to staffing issues. Ensures that diverse pipelines exist for managerial positions.
- Performance Management:. Drives performance management philosophy through the Region, ensuring execution and consistency.
- Associate Relations: Consults with Area HR Managers on associate relations issues, escalating to VP of HR and/or Legal when necessary. Ensures consistency in the interpretation and application of HR policies across the Areas. Looks for patterns of issues, and elevates issues to Corporate as necessary for resolution.
- Labor Relations: Ensures that Area HR Managers are administering collective bargaining agreements effectively and training their managers to do the same. Oversees Area HR Managers’ union risk assessments at locations and union avoidance training. Works with Directors of Labor Relations to develop regional union avoidance/union management strategy. Participates in contract negotiations for contracts which cross Areas w/in a Region, as necessary.
- Diversity: Drives Company’s Diversity and Inclusion strategy through the Region. Promotes Diversity and Inclusion in all areas of practice. Watches for EEO claim trending and challenges HR Managers and Operations Managers in diversity sourcing, hiring, and promotions.
- Absence Management: Develops and drives regional initiatives intended to reduce unplanned absence, including safety, workers comp, LOA, etc.
- New Business: Manages new business due diligence and work with Area HR team to ensure start-up is adequately staffed and ready for business by the go-live date.
- Compensation: Will partner with the Compensation department to conduct wage surveys as needed. Provides compensation guidance and recommendations to Area HR Managers and Field Operations Managers.
','!*!QUALIFICATIONS:- Exceptional communication and influencing skills – strong EQ- 10 years Human Resources experience in a large, decentralized, unionized environment, or strong management background with exceptional track record in getting things done through others, and a thorough understanding of the business
- Demonstrated ability to drive results, through influence and effective change management- Strong knowledge of HR functions: associate relations, labor relations, staffing, compensation, benefits, leadership development, compliance- Ability to work well independently and as a team member, is self-driven with a sense of urgency- Strong analytical skills and leadership skills- Ability to travel 60%- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s Degree preferred- SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
',' ',' ','Reading, PA','19607','United States-Pennsylvania-Reading','Human Resources','PL.Field Human Resources Director','PL.Field Human Resources Director','Field Human Resources Director - East Region (Supply Chain / Logistics)
Penske Dedicated Logistics Corporation
Website : http://www.gopenske.com/
Our customers benefit from Penske Logistics' years of experience applying practical creativity to develop optimal logistics solutions. Our industry knowledge and technical capabilities enable us to implement the most advanced supply chain solutions in use today.