Human Resources Specialist - Awards & Special Programs
Falls Church, VA
The DHA is a joint, integrated Combat Support Agency that enables the Army, Navy, and Air Force medical services to provide a medically ready force and ready medical force to Combatant Commands in both peacetime and wartime. The DHA supports the delivery of integrated, affordable, and high quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries and is responsible for driving greater integration of clinical and business processes across the MHS.
The Human Resources Division (HRD) is organized into five Branches: Management Employee & Labor Relations, Policy and Performance Management, Human Resources Operations, Workforce Programming and Analysis, and the Public Health Service. The HRD is aligned under the Directorate of Resources and Management (J-1/8) and works closely with the Manpower and Organizational Design Division in managing the DHA's human capital.
We are seeking a highly motivated human resources specialist to join our team, which is focused on supporting employees and supervisors in multiple locations.
* Providing general human resources support to the Policy and Performance Management branch including business process improvement, transactional services and strategic policy guidance
* Processing, managing, and tracking the DHA Civilian Awards Program which includes DHA, Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD), DoD, and Presidential level awards
* Coordinating and facilitating DHA-wide events to include the DHA Employee Recognition Ceremony, while utilizing Adobe Connect and virtual teleconference capabilities
* Providing support for new and evolving DHA initiatives and programs to accomplish the mission and goals of the DHA
* Pull and develop weekly and monthly reports from civilian human resources databases
* Streamline human resources operations and activities to create efficiency, improve customer service and improve accuracy of operations. Develop standard operating procedures
* Management of multiple individual and group Microsoft Outlook mailboxes and calendars, shared Storage Area Network folders, Microsoft SharePoint pages, and similar communication tools
* Collecting, collating, and assembling information in support of briefing materials to be used by the Branch Chief
* Draft administrative instructions and policies for review by the Branch Chief and Publications Office
* Respond to customer inquiries and questions in a prompt manner
* Participating in the management of Actions and Taskers in the CATMS staff action control system, as directed
* Application of DHA- and Department of Defense writing and correspondence styles to assigned actions
* Proper handling, storage, and disposition of sensitive but unclassified client and company information, including Personally Identifiable Information and other protected client information
* Bachelor's degree in a liberal arts or business discipline or four years additional experience in lieu of a degree
* Two years of experience in a professional office setting supporting mid-level to senior executives
* Familiarity with the basic rank structures of the U.S. Military Services and the broad outlines of military culture and ethics
* Familiarity with the basic structure of the U.S. Civil Service and the broad outlines of Federal Government human resources, operations, culture, and ethics
* Ability to work in a regulated team environment
* Ability to work under a Federal contract supporting a Department of Defense client, especially in the handling of sensitive but unclassified client information as demonstrated by an existing Determination of Suitability for a Position of Public Trust or the ability to obtain such a Determination immediately upon employment
* Ability to accurately collect, collate and enter information into databases, workbooks, or documents, especially using the Microsoft Office suite of programs
* Knowledge of SharePoint capabilities and key uses
* Ability to produce written materials in standard, edited American English, as modified by organizational styles, or to edit received non-standard materials to comply
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply online at ****Established in 2009, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Healthcare Services (CNHS) provides medical supplies and a wide range of services, including financial recovery, patient appointing, recruiting, credentialing and placement of clinical, administrative and housekeeping personnel for numerous federal agencies and commercial clients. Wholly owned by the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., CNHS is part of the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
********If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail **** for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: ****
The Cherokee Nation is the federally recognized government of the Cherokee people and thereby has sovereign status granted by treaty and law. The seat of tribal government is the W.W. Keeler Complex near Tahlequah , Oklahoma , capital of the Cherokee Nation. Please visit http://www.cherokee.org/Government/Default.aspx for more information about Cherokee Nation and affiliates.