**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is America's largest family-owned provider of Janitorial, Engineering, and Facility solutions. Since 1926 Able has consistently delivered world-class service at a competitive value, thereby achieving significant cost savings and efficiencies for our clients. We deliver 'Service at Work.'
• Senior Human Resources Business Partner to provide field level HR support to our Building Maintenance (janitorial) and Stationary Engineering operations in the Northern California Region Key Responsibilities:
• Employee/Labor Relations- Provide employee and labor relations support including negotiating with Union Representatives on behalf of managers and employees in assigned client groups. Conduct employee investigations as needed. Ensure proper termination processes are followed and exit interviews conducted.
• Performance Management - Assist managers in developing and implementing performance documents and monitoring employees placed on performance improvement plans.
• Legal and Risk - Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Consults with the in-house and out-side legal counsel on complex employee and labor relations issues. Partners with legal counsel in response to all third party complaints.
• Compensation -- Conduct as needed compensation and wage analysis to ensure market competitiveness.
• Coaching - Provide guidance and coaching to all supervisory and management levels to help build leadership and organizational effectiveness. Advise and counsel managers regarding behaviors, skills and competencies.
• Talent acquisition -- Partner with hiring managers and recruiting team to facilitate timely hiring of quality talent. Ensure new hires have a successful onboarding experience.
• Change management -- Work proactively with line managers to understand and influence current and future states. Support organizational change initiatives (including strategies, structures and other OD programs) to facilitate transition to future state. Effectively prepare managers to adopt and execute change within their business segments.
• HR Practices -- As a member of the HR leadership team, participate in the development and implementation of HR policies and processes. Understands, communicates and implements the company's HR programs, policies and practices -- including benefits, compensation plans, learning and development programs and events.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Key Qualifications:
• 8-12 years of HRBP experience working in a multi-site, matrix environment; union environment experience required
• Fluency in English and Spanish
• Must be solution-oriented -- able to reason, analyze and solve complex problems
• Must possess strong organizational, communication (written and verbal), influencing, consulting and conflict resolution skill
• Ability to function independently as well as being part of a team
• Ability to manage projects -- deliver and meet deadlines and deal effectively with the
• stress of a fast-paced environment
• Ability to travel to other field locations in the region (Bay Area; Sacramento, etc.); with occasional travel to the Pacific Northwest Region
• Have a working knowledge of multiple disciplines within HR as well as general business acumen
• A positive 'can do' approach -- able to be flexible with a sense of urgency and a drive for results while effectively partnering with others
• Previous experience should include successfully introducing and implementing processes, best practices and operational change initiatives
• Must be highly ethical and maintain strict confidentiality of data and information
• Must be comfortable working with HRIS systems (ADP) and proficient with MS Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bachelor's Degree in HR or related field required; Advanced degree preferred
• HR Professional Certification a plus Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in San Francisco. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process