People. Performance. Possibilities. These words describe the focus of our Human Resources Group here at HCA, a Fortune 100 company with over 200,000 employees in 20 states and the UK. Our HR team of over 1400 can provide a broad range of HR career paths within one organization. Come join our team to help support our mission Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Welcome to Henrico Doctors' Hospital, a 340-bed community hospital located in Richmond, Virginia. Your healthcare is our top priority here, and we continually strive to provide the highest level of care and latest technology to fulfill that healthcare promise to you and your family.
Henrico Doctors' Hospital's Forest campus specializes in trauma, cardiovascular and neurological care, women's health, oncology, and groundbreaking diagnostic imagining. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
The Vice President Human Resources (VPHR) will be responsible for the following under the direction of the Regional VPHR:
Align Business and HR Strategy for facility (or LOB)
* Engage executives to understand talent needs of the businesses and define responses
* Lead the facility (or LOB) HR staff to execute HCA-wide and location-specific HR initiatives
* Participate in periodic business strategic planning and review cycles; act as the human capital strategy architect to proactively work with COE teams to identify and deploy HR interventions to meet business requirements
* Proactively obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis to business leaders to inform decisions (performance, attrition, hiring, vacancy, employee engagement/sensing, and other data)If applicable, work with the Regional VP of HR (or LOB VP of HR) and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to develop and implement facility (or regional) Labor strategies, support contract negotiations, grievance investigations, etc.
Advise executives on people issues
* Provide HR observations related to strategy/performance in meetings and one-on-one; formulate HR requirements
* Advise business leaders on change management, performance issues, responding to employee or community concerns, compliance or ethics investigations, etc.
* Manage response to executive requests for information, questions or special projects
Deploy talent and development programs
* Partner with COE to deploy talent programs (performance assessment & review, succession planning, development planning). Working with facility (or LOB) managers and the L&OD Center of Excellence, conduct learning needs assessment, establish development priorities for the facility and promote development resources to employees.
* Support executives and managers with advice and HCA tools for employee coaching, mentoring, multi-rater feedback processes, high-potential development, career development counseling, etc.
Lead local Employee & Community engagement efforts
* Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable)
* Represent HCA in helping organize or participate in community meetings and events; lead process for applying for relevant grants. Engage in community talent pipeline development programs.
* Interpret and drive action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess population temperature through formal and informal sensing and report results/plan actions with executive team
* Implement programs to recognize service and celebrate achievement by employees
Partner to support business performance, quality and patient care initiatives
* Partner with Corporate & Business (or LOB) leaders on initiatives related to patient care, quality, safety & compliance, physical security, data security, professional ethics, etc., implementing training and development, performance management, certification & other initiatives to create an environment of compliance/excellence
* Uphold all compliance standards, including OFCCP, Joint Commission, Department of Labor, HR policies
* Investigate employee relations, ethics, or compliance issues, consulting with appropriate COE/Service Center
* Implement individual performance evaluation, problem identification and resolution processes based on COE-defined HCA policies and processes; provide advice to leaders on policy interpretation and advising on disciplinary practices, consult on suspension/ termination of employment decisions.
* Escalate major issues to Regional (or LOB) VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence leaders when appropriate
* Co-create and manage location emergency response plans with appropriate departments
Drive HR operational excellence
* Build, develop and lead a team of HR professionals within the facility (or LOB region)
* Work with business executives, Regional VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to develop or modify strategies and programs to more effectively meet business needs and align with the HCA culture
* Work with CFO and Total Rewards Center of Excellence to develop the compensation strategy; prepare managers for the salary planning and incentive process, providing budgets; present results of the process to business leaders
* Effectively communicate benefits changes, employee value proposition, etc.; support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level
* Conduct ongoing position budgeting review and ensure that staffing plans are aligned with span of control, productivity metrics, budgeted allocations, etc. Understand local and regional healthcare talent market; revise and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
* Manage local onboarding and facility orientation programs
* Support applicable employee leave of absence/return to work coordination at facility level
* Drive effective leader and employee communications initiatives
* Ensure effective implementation and utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to use the model effectively and ensure established policies and processes are followed
* 7 years' experience in Human Resources
* Complex Employee Relations (investigation, documentation, partnership with legal teams)
* Proven strategic initiative design and execution
* Strong metrics and analytics experience
* Undergraduate Degree Required; Master's Degree Preferred
* PHR or SPHR preferred