Heaven’s Hands Community Services (HHCS) is a community-based nonprofit organization that provides support services and life skills for children and adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. HHCS’s mission is to offer individuals with Intellectual and Developmental disabilities and their families personalized supports that promote a high quality of life that result in outcomes that are meaningful; while fostering full participation and integration in their community.
We are seeking a senior level seasoned professional to oversee the Human Resources functions of our Agency; comprised of five regional sites.
The Director for Human Resources is directly reasonable for the overall administration of the Human Resources department, this includes the operational oversight of: recruitment and talent management activities, maintains employment policies and procedures, on-boarding/off-boarding, training and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee and labor relations, legal matters, and strategic planning in conjunction with the needs and goals of the Agency.
• Maintains all Human Resource functions and departmental processes to assure satisfactory employee relations, competitive compensation and benefits, recruitment activities, accurate record keeping and compliance with Federal, State, City regulations and laws; including regulations and guidelines set forth from the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and the New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs (Justice Center).
• Responsible for management and functions of all HR operations and legal compliance.
• Oversees all agency recruitment and retention strategies; including on-boarding processes of all hourly and salary employees, supervisors, managers, and executive positions.
• Supervises, develops and mentors departmental staff; directly overseeing roles, responsibilities, workload, performance, training and departmental goals.
• Implement and continuously revise HR best practices policies, handbooks, processes and procedures.
• Assess and deploy staff compensation programs, including annual salary planning and budgeting, merit and bonus awards, incentive programs and the resolution of compensation issues.
• Acts as the Plan Administrator for all benefit plans, i.e. 403(b), health, dental, disability, etc.
• Works with benefit brokers and representatives to ensure plans are properly administered.
• Oversee all aspects of benefits communications and administration, including its strategic plan design, budgeting, implementation, annual open enrollment and wellness programming.
• Manages safety and health accident prevention program, agency safe guards, and oversight of outcomes for agency safety committee while adhering to OSHA regulations and requirements.
• Responsible for OSHA 300, 301, EEO, and ADA reporting.
• Update, review and process all FMLA, PFL, Worker's compensation and other administrative leave.
• Oversees the resolution of correspondences received from the NYS Division of Human Rights, NYC Commission of Human Rights, Department of Labor, EEOC and working with legal counsel to resolve issues.
• Conduct investigations into discrimination, harassment, wage/hour, or other labor law complaints and grievances.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Psychology or related field.
Experience: 5-7 years’ experience in human resources management at the management level preferably in a nonprofit organization in the developmental disability and OPWDD arena.
Certification: SPHR, SHRM-SCP preferred
Job Type: Full-time
• Human Resources Management: 5 years