Human resources jobs continue to grow in popularity every year because of the growing number of opportunities. More students are becoming interested and are making a career out of it, but people must take into consideration some important things before starting out in human resources careers.
Communications skills are human resources jobs essential aspect. Human resources personnel must have quality communication in their interaction with candidates they interview and hire. New graduates start with entry level occupations in human resources and work their way up to supervisory or senior positions. Here are the top 10 human resources job opportunities that aspirants must consider:
- In the human resource industry, the most secure and reliable jobs are the ones in government agencies, as is also the case with many other fields. Usually, government positions offer higher salaries than similar occupations in the private sector and a regular government job offers a better chance of job security.
- At present, there is a boom of entry level human resources jobs in the private sector so these must be at the top of the list for applicants. Different companies use different types of designations, but you will recognize these easily if you have a background in human resources.
- Many of the most desirable human resources jobs available can be found in software companies, so do not discount them. These companies often offer very lucrative salary plus benefits.
- Employment services always come to mind first when it comes to human resources graduates looking for a job, since this is basically the purpose of human resources jobs.
- The office administration sector is also expanding at a good rate and here you can also find many human resources jobs.
- Facilities support services is another interesting and logical option since this involves recruitment of people to work for the company.
- The healthcare industry has lucrative jobs in human resources and this field is considered by many as best suited for training in human resources.
- The financial and banking industry is now starting to recover so many financial companies now need a dedicated human resource department.
- All across the U.S. and the world, numerous human resource companies are being established so students in human resource courses will have the opportunity to work for them as interns, or new graduates can begin their human resources careers with them.
- Keep your eyes and ears open for any opportunities since many industries, both big and small, are opening interesting human resources career choices.
All in all, human resources personnel number around 900,000 workers in the U.S. and are employed in virtually every kind of company. About 13,000 are self-employed or work as consultants to public and private agencies; 13 percent are employed in administrative and support services; 11 percent are employed in technical, professional and scientific services; 10 percent are employed in healthcare; and 9 percent are employed in insurance and finance firms.
At present, the employment outlook for human resources jobs is expected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations, and college graduates who have earned certifications are in the best position to take advantage of these opportunities.
Find more human resources jobs by visiting HRCrossing.com and sign up for a risk free trial today to find jobs that are just right for you!