- What is the most challenging aspect of being an HR executive?
- An HR person has to work constantly with several people and deal with people both individually and in groups. They have to solve problems and disputes amongst people. An HR person has to get in between the groups fighting and have to find out a common ground. Their can be several reasons for the friction. There may be problems between a manager and his employee regarding compensation problems, there may be an issue regarding promotion, complain of sexual harassment. The job of an HR is to solve these problems. It is a very crucial job and a very important task too. You should be able to give a concrete solution based on your point of view. Always be true to your values and adhere to the principles of the company.
- What does it take to be a successful HR professional?
- A master's degree in HR is the best degree that you can possess in order to work in this field. You must seek out an HR position in a company that has a formal HR development program. Some companies possessing these are Pepsi, GE, Johnson and Johnson etc. you will learn a lot if you can secure an HR position in any one of these. True you need to be brilliant in order to get into these companies. Even smaller companies have HR development programs.
- What if you join a company that does not provide these learning facilities?
- Ask your boss to consider one. It is definitely going to benefit both you as well as your company. The investment is bound to bring in results.
- Universities and online courses that are best for training in HR:
- The following universities are considered best for HR training:
- Michigan State
- and Minnesota.
HR professionals are known to draw good salaries. The salaries also depend upon the persons experience in this field. It increases with experience. Academic records also matter in determining HR salary. A person with a very strong academic record especially in HR specialization has better scope than someone with mediocre performance.