Job responsibilities of the HR department are varied and take into account all the strategic and operation responsibilities that the HR admin performs. HR responsibilities cover the company's processes, policies, procedures and strategies in entirety. Below is discussed the job responsibilities of HR admin:
- The main strategic responsibility is targeted towards the organization on the whole with key focus to the top management; planning workforce, organizational design, planning compensation and benefits keeping company's cost management in mind.
- Provide services and consultancy to managerial people of different levels.
- Develop and maintain HR policies that comply with corporate HR policies.
- Perform significant tasks like recruitment, selection and induction, placement, training and development, performance appraisal, promotions, demotions, performance review and retirement.
- Plays a pivotal part in recruitment and its allied activities. Provide a very active support to the recruiting agencies that comply with corporate standards. Devise and refine required tools for candidate selection and work together with external agencies so as to ensure that the suitable candidates with desired skill set and qualification are hired.
- Plays a very important role in salary budget. Ensure that salary adjustments and promotions are in perfect compliance with corporate guidelines. Coordinate salary hikes and promotions.
- Design and develop HR business plan.
- Effectively communicate with the employees at all levels and facilitate their growth and development by motivating theme constantly.
- The senior HR admin provide efficient HR training to junior level HR admin.
- Last but not the least, HR admin builds a counseling and guidance cell to cater to all employees and also take necessary actions in case of any disciplinary issue.
A HR admin has to cater to the goal of doing what is the best for the entire organization and not for any particular individual. In doing this, HR admin needs to possess certain skills. These are:
- Friendly nature and ability to handle issues without bringing in ego.
- Strong sense of commitment towards meeting the target and the goal.
- Positive attitude, high level of motivation and energy.
- An eye for detail.
- Effective communication skill with people coming from diversified backgrounds.
- Dynamism and able to deal with all kinds of change.
- Independence, at the same time ability to work in a team.
- Efficient communication skill in terms of both verbal and written media.
- Efficiency in computation.
A four-year degree course in HR management is required. A similar degree course in labor relations and equivalent subjects can also be helpful.
The average HR admin salary is $55,000. However, this depends upon the stature and location of the company and the qualification and experience of the HR admin as well.
The success of HR admin depends on the efficiency to motivate the employees of a business organization to make them perform their best and achieve the mission and goals of the company.